Nursery Inspiration

Now that one of the empty two bedrooms in our house has some lovely light green paint on the walls, I probably ought to start thinking of nursery ideas.

Here’s what the walls look like as of yesterday!
Pardon the quality. I will definitely take better pics as it progresses.

While we don’t find out the gender of Baby O. until Monday, I like more of the gender neutral nurseries to begin with. Thanks to Pinterest and their toolbar, I’ve been pinning a lot of inspiration photos to my “Baby” board.

It seems like I like a mix of eclectic, modern, and soft looking nurseries. I want to pair light and dark furniture with the room. Also, since Greg is a Baylor Bear, I had a fun idea of making the nursery the “baby version” of green and gold – light green and light yellow with little bears here and there! Tasteful, mind you. I don’t want it to look like bears/Baylor threw up everywhere. If Baby O. is a girl, pops of pink would be fun, and if it’s a boy, pops of blue.

Here are some pins I really like that can incorporate those wants.

Source: google.com via Meg on Pinterest

This photo incorporates all green walls (which we will have) along with mixing the dark and light with pops of color. I really like the wall art.

I’ve kind of been obsessed with chandeliers lately. After all, we just put one up in our master bathroom. Could Baby O. use one? I also love the lightness of this nursery.

This is just a really cute, eclectic space. Inspires me to mix patterns and shapes.

I like the wall very much, but not sure if I want to take the time to do something like this. Look how it’s green and yellow, too. I also enjoy those Dr. Seuss pictures.

Source: google.com via Meg on Pinterest

This is a good mix of dark and light, and the rug is super cute.

Source: hgtv.com via Meg on Pinterest

I just love that wall mural and the lamp. Great colors to add into the mix.

Simplistic, yet clean! I really like this. Also incorporates dark and light furniture.

Has Pinterest inspired your interior spaces lately?

google

Also, I added a little Pinterest button up top on my link bar if you would like to follow me there!

Comments

1. says

Baby O definitely needs a chandelier! My fave is the 3rd pic, so cute! I can’t wait to hear the gender. I need your address too, can you email me? :)

2. says

I love your inspiration! I especially love the light turquoise room with the grey dresser! I never found out the gender for either of my boys so my nursery is very gender neutral too! We have a faded primary colors with yellow walls and a pea green and red pops everywhere, it’s still my favorite room in the house! And surprisingly Ikea has some awesome baby room stuff! Can’t wait to see it finished! We alse have a chandelier!

3. says

These are so adorable! My favorites are the first and third. I think I’m starting to like nurseries that don’t look like nurseries, if that makes sense:)

4. says

These are all cute, but a few of them didn’t have that nursery feel, you know? They looked like someone picked a random room and stuck a crib in it. (I’m thinking of pictures 1 and 7). The rest are great!

I like neutral colors too with points of color here and there. It’s also fun to pull a room together by using a few key colors. Good luck!

5. says

How sweet! I love the idea of the baby shades of Baylor’s colors. Trace has a Penn State Nursery! :) I love that mural…how stinking cute!

6. says

I’m obsessed with chandaliers, too. The second and third pictures made me want a baby RIGHT NOW so I could have an awesome nursery [not really. I just liked the rooms a lot].

7. says

Ohhh, what a cute idea! And I have a feeling you will of course keep it tasteful and not too Baylor-y, haha. Gotta say that I LOVE that first pintrest photo. All the pictures about the crib, too cute. What a perfect way to get great ideas for the nursery!

8. says

We have light green walls too! But we have all white furniture that we painted and pink/white bedding. Actually it’s more of a coral color and it’s not exactly what I wanted but I will have to work with it!

9. says

Baby O most definitely deserves a chandelier!!!!! I love all these pics! Especially the pink and green nursery…gorgeous!!!!!!!

Thank you for linking up Meg!

10. says

Awww this must be so exciting… I really love light green walls for girls. My sister did that for my neice and did a green and pink theme with dark wood. I can’t wait to see how it turns out- O-mazing for sure! ;)

11. says

I love the green walls! Just be careful about where you hang the pictures. I hung some I thought were super cute and caught Wee ‘Burb pulling them down at about 9 months. So make sure they’re out of baby dangle reach :)