My Eye Makeup Routine (video)

Second up in my series of routines is my eye makeup routine! If you’d like to see my foundation routine, go here.

Obviously, this varies from day to day, as I own a crap ton of eyeshadows, palettes, and I just love applying eye makeup. I am known to do a smoky eye on any normal day. But for today’s purposes, I wanted to focus on something fairly neutral and I’m using the Naked Palette, since I know a lot of you own that.

Enjoy!

Products Used:
Anastasia Perfect Brow Pencil
Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden
Naked Palette eyeshadows
Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner in Granite Ink
DiorShow Waterproof Mascara in Black

Brushes Used:
Sigma E60 Large Shader (all over lid up to brow bone with highlight color)
Sigma E55 Eye Shading (all over lower lid)
Sigma E70 Medium Angled Shading (crease)
Sigma E35 Tapered Blending (outer corner in “v”)
Sigma E40 Tapered Blending (blending all eyeshadows in afterward)
Sigma E05 Eye Liner (for gel eyeliner)
Sigma Pencil E30 (blending out eyeliner)

Ashlee Miller
    December 29, 2011 at 11:45 am

Hahaha you make great videos! Your so funny. Great tutorial.

Michelle
    December 29, 2011 at 11:51 am

I love your videos! You are so knowledgeable!! I love using the Naked palette! By far, one of the best pieces of makeup I have ever owned! How long does it take you to do your basic daily routine?

December 29, 2011 at 12:01 pm

Oh I COMPLETELY agree– brows are vitally important!! I use cheap cover girl brown eyeshadow with a brush and it works great. I think it’s the ONLY drugstore makeup I use though. Hahaha.

And yes– I have the same complaint about Sidecar. Great color– too much glitter.

Great video!! πŸ™‚

Vicki
    December 29, 2011 at 12:21 pm

Confession: I do not fill in my brows! Everytime I do I feel like I look silly!! πŸ™

Also, I’ve never used anything other then a pencil liner … but I think I need to try this Gel one you use because it looks amazing!!!!!

Michelle
    December 29, 2011 at 5:26 pm

Ok….today I have learned to fill in my brows and I also learned that I need to not be a cheapskate and buy the naked palette. LOL!!!

YOu are so awesome at these tutorials!!!!!

tara
    December 29, 2011 at 7:13 pm

love this! i posted a link to it on twitter because people were asking me to do one but i’m too lazy for that! πŸ˜‰

Amy
    December 29, 2011 at 9:06 pm

I keep forgetting about the pulling thing with my eyes. I really need to cut that habit. I tried this morning after watching this and rocked one eye then did terrible with the next.

I also blame you for my new lusting desire for the naked 1 and 2 and forking out big cash for brushes. Have you ever heard of Quo? or is that Canada specific? They sell a ton of make-up and brushes, but I’m not sure where they place against something like Sigma. All my brushes are Quo.

Anywho, I sort of tagged you in the tag post going around, no pressure to participate with your busy baby land πŸ™‚ it’s more of a congratulatory bloggy shout out! πŸ™‚

Blonde Episodes
    December 30, 2011 at 12:24 am

Great video honey! Hope all is well with the new bundle. HAPPY NEW YEAR! Kori xoxo

Kasey
    December 30, 2011 at 11:31 am

I love this video! I ordered Naked 1 with a gift card and it’ll be here next week. I can’t wait to try it out!

CupcakesOMG!
    December 30, 2011 at 6:48 pm

i love when you make videos!!! and i just got a mac so i can’t wait to do my own!! i’m always so impressed with how yours turn out πŸ™‚

CupcakesOMG!

Kelly Marie
    January 10, 2012 at 3:09 pm

This made my day! Thanks lady. Do you get your brushes at sephora? I decided to start wearing eyeshadow because I’ve never worn it and I have naked but only the brush that comes with it.