Beauty Drugstore

Drugstore Beauty Must: L’Oreal Extra Intense Liquid Pencil Liner

Everyone loves a great drugstore beauty buy, right?

I have sang praises for gel eyeliner for months now, and it is still my favorite type of eyeliner. If you remember, I even did a video tutorial on the different ways I apply gel eyeliner. I feel it provides the most versatility – you can create as thin or as thick of a line as you please.

However! I read some really good reviews on this particular eyeliner and I decided I wanted to give it a go. I figured it might come in handy for those days where I want to switch things up and not use my gel eyeliner.

Which eyeliner, you ask?

L’Oreal Extra Intense Liquid Pencil Liner
Buy HERE

It’s available pretty widespread at most drugstores. It’s under $10. It is a pencil that requires sharpening with a little smudger on the other end.

Using the Product:
– This liner glides on very soft and creamy
– It is very pigmented. I have it in the carbon black shade and it is very, very black
– This stuff smudges amazingly. I don’t particularly care for the smudger on the other end. I use my pencil brush to smudge it out.
– This stuff really stays put all day. The staying power is just as good as my beloved gel eyeliner.

Thoughts After Using the Product:
– I do not care for the fact that it is a pencil, simply because it requires you to sharpen it all the time if you want a very fine point.
– I do not sharpen it all the time, so this ends up working the best if I want to apply it quickly and then immediately smudge it.
– It is my favorite eyeliner if I want to smudge.

The Liner on Me:
I applied the liner, smudged it, and then softly applied a little more on my lash line.
Bottom Line:
Definitely worth picking up. I actually have used this quite a bit as my method of application is very quick. Very beneficial for me because I don’t really have all the time in the world to put on makeup nowadays (thanks, Baby O).

The Pink Growl
    February 1, 2012 at 9:05 am

I love liquid eyeliner. I use an Almay liquid kind for my top and a liqui-gel pencil (that you never have to sharpen) for my bottom lash line. I haven’t tried the L’Oreal kind though, I will have to check it out.

giaghani
    February 1, 2012 at 10:12 am

Is it enough to pull me away from my Bobbi Brown gel liner?! I guess we’ll have to see! L’Oreal’s old school liner was my first foray into make-up so I do have a soft spot for the brand, I’ll have to give it a shot! 🙂

Nichole
    February 1, 2012 at 11:27 am

I have never used liquid or gel eye liner and have always wanted to (but I’m sort of scurred of the outcome) but for $10 at Target (or wherever) I should totally try this. Thanks!

Michelle
    February 1, 2012 at 3:06 pm

I have used this before and do love it but I do hate having to sharpen eyeliner pencils!

Lauren
    February 1, 2012 at 4:53 pm

I may have to try this if/when I go back to a pencil liner. I have an Urban Decay one that I’ve had forever that is pretty good but mostly I’ve just been lazy in the mornings and using an ELF eye marker because it’s so much quicker and foolproof than some of my favorite liquid liners.

Molly Jac
    February 1, 2012 at 6:06 pm

Ooooo I’ll have to try it out!! Thanks for the tip 🙂

lindsay
    February 1, 2012 at 11:11 pm

I’ve been reading your blog for a little while now and haven’t yet commented, so I guess this is my inaugural comment 🙂
    For an eye pencil, that looks really neat! I’ll have to try it. What do you use/recommend for lining under your eye? Everything I’ve tried fades off pretty quickly and I’m left looking as if I’ve been given a black eye. Any suggestions for undereye liners?

Caroline
    February 2, 2012 at 9:23 am

I love these pencils!

Jessica Renee
    February 2, 2012 at 4:41 pm

Ooh I love liquid liner, I’ll have to try this out for sure! Thanks for the recommendation. And what do you mean you have no time for makeup anymore?! 😉 Hope you and baby K are well!

Celia
    February 3, 2012 at 1:29 pm

hmmm i think i have this liner at home! if so, it is one of my faves and one of the only ones that i can actually draw a straight line with!

Life With Lauren