Motherhood

Baby Steps.

Firstly, I’d like to give you all a huge THANK YOU for the amazing feedback and support from my post on my anxieties on going back to work. I have gotten so many comments/emails/facebook messages and each and every one of them has touched me. It feels amazing to know that I am not alone and what I’m feeling is perfectly normal. If I haven’t been able to respond to you yet, please know I’m still working on it. Correspondence hasn’t really been a strongpoint of mine lately. Neither has blog reading. I hope you all understand.

I’ve just got nothing for you, as far as my regular blogging goes. I am living and breathing every moment all things Kennedy. I’ve got two more sleeps left until I’m back at work. However, I’ve just got to make it two days before I get another week off with her (spring break). Baby steps, people.

Since December 17, 2011, this is what I get to see every day (well, maybe not the smiling and “talking”, but this little face). It truly brings me so much joy. I am amazed at how beautiful she is becoming and how much she is exploring and wanting to know the world around her. It brings me joy for her to need me.

It’s nothing like I’ve ever experienced before. The joy is inexplicable. You know, everyone says that but I guess you just have to live it. I now live for moments like these. It’s funny how a bunch of baby gibberish could change my life.

I’m going to miss our morning talks. It feels like that will never happen again, but I realize I am being a bit dramatic.

I know going to work is best for all of us right now, but it’s going to take a lot of baby steps to get me used to this transition. I hope it’s easier for her. I just want her to be happy. It’s okay if I’m a wreck so long as she’s comfortable.

Right now, I’ve just got to take it one day at a time. Baby steps, people. Baby steps.

(and I promise I will get back to my regular blogging in baby steps…)

C.LEE
    March 5, 2012 at 9:52 am

She is getting so big so fast! Oh my goodness! Honestly she is such a doll! I hope to meet you both soon sometime!!! Maybe at the next Houston bloggy meet up 🙂

CupcakesOMG!
    March 5, 2012 at 9:52 am

dang lady!! you’re getting all sentimental on me in ways i didn’t know possible for a monday morning! i feel ya though–i mean, i’m childless, but i feel like this about my apartment. i never want to leave ittttttttt!!

CupcakesOMG!

Maura
    March 5, 2012 at 10:00 am

aww you’re doing GREAT! you’re doing what’s best for you little girl and hopefully you guys will figure something out. mean while spend all your time with that little one!!! thinking of you!

Angie
    March 5, 2012 at 10:40 am

I’m sure working will have it’s perks too. I think any change is best done in baby steps. Wishing you all the best!

Rebekah
    March 5, 2012 at 11:07 am

You are such a wonderful momma! I haven’t been where you are and I can only imagine how hard it must feel, but you guys will figure out a routine! I’ll be praying that the transition goes smoothly!

Shelley
    March 5, 2012 at 12:25 pm

First of all..you look great! Second, dont worry about blogging. It will always be here but your this stage in your life wont be. Soak it all up!! Thats partly why I went private. Too much pressure to blog about things that seem so trivial compared to your whole world (baby girl). Anyway, it will take some adjusting for you both but it will be ok!

Raquel
    March 5, 2012 at 2:48 pm

Awwww she is the cutest baby EVER! What a sweetie

It must be heartbreaking 🙁 I’m sure everything will be ok though!

Mandy
    March 5, 2012 at 3:27 pm

Baby steps is right! One step at a time. You are a wonderful mother and you’re just doing what is necessary right now 🙂 I’m glad that after two days of work you’ll get the chance to have another week off with her.

Molly Jac
    March 5, 2012 at 7:50 pm

I can only imagine how hard going back to work would be. However Baby O is going to be so excited to see her momma every day after school and that smile and excitement of hers will be worth it. Just know you are an amazing momma and always doing the best for your family! And yay for Spring Break being soon!!

Ashlee Miller
    March 5, 2012 at 8:37 pm

From all the pictures and videos, you are a wonderful mom and though I personally have never been there I can only imagine how hard it must be! I’m sure I will feel the same when when I get there. But she will be in wonderful hand and will be so excited to see you when you get home!

Michelle @ The Vintage Apple
    March 5, 2012 at 8:43 pm

SHE IS SO DARN CUTE!!!! I love that little sound she makes when she smiles or is about to smile!!!! Adorable!!!!!! And she is just SO HAPPY! Love it!!!!

I can’t believe you are going back to work already! This time has seriously flown by…crazy!!!!

It is so beautiful how you said that it brings you joy for her to need you…so beautiful. She is lucky to have you as her mommy!!!!! xoxoxoxo

Annalilly
    March 6, 2012 at 11:14 am

Oh that precious voice! I hope she gets her mama’s singing voice.

Michelle
    March 7, 2012 at 9:03 am

Kennedy is absolutely adorable!! I can’t imagine how hard it must be for you! I know that she will be in good hands and how close by you will be! She is so lucky to have you as a mom and will always love and enjoy all the time you spend with her, even if you will be away from her for a little while during the day!

Ashley Sisk
    March 7, 2012 at 10:56 am

I’m not sure there’s anything more important than what your’e doing right now – you’re awesome…and you’ve been tagged.

I am Megan
    March 7, 2012 at 11:39 am

Sweetest face! She is O. SO. PRETTY!

Sandy a la Mode
    March 7, 2012 at 10:30 pm

i go back to work in 2 weeks!!! i am sooo sad about it!! it will be a tough transition for sure!

Wittschen's
    March 8, 2012 at 10:07 pm

oh my. she is such a cutie!!! I had a hard time going back to work too when my maternity leave was done. It’s hard, but every day will be a lil easier. good luck!

Wiz
    March 8, 2012 at 11:16 pm

Hope your first day went well!