Motherhood Travel

Our Cape Cod Trip

Well, folks. I’m back. It was a long 10 days, but it was amazing. We had such a blast! My husband is originally from Massachusetts, so it was fun to spend such a long time where he used to vacation. We went with his parents and brothers. They were great to vacation with! We went all up and down the cape, but stayed in Chatham. It was probably one of the most gorgeous seaside towns I’ve ever seen. Pretty much just like I envisioned it, but better! The weather was beautiful, the company was awesome, and the scenery was gorgeous! And let me just add… my darling girl is an amazing travel buddy! I have a feeling she’ll be a jet setter!

I spent hours uploading and editing my photos, so it’s only fair to share them with you immediately, right?

Our house for the week! Hydrangeas were everywhere on Chatham
Just steps from our house. Boats! I also love this photo of Kennedy and her grandpa.
We went whale watching out of Provincetown. It was amazing!
At Lighthouse Beach in Chatham
The Fish Market in Chatham has the most amazing Lobster Roll!
The seals and birds hang out by the fish market. The fish boats literally come up and dump off what they caught!
Out at Hardings Beach
Kennedy, Grandma, and hydrangeas!
Drinking a Cape Cod on Cape Cod! Out at Chatham Bars Inn. What a beautiful hotel!
The Cape Cod National Seashore. So gorgeous.
Out in Hyannis to see the JFK Memorial (aka the motherland). Cute little town! I can see why the Kennedys enjoyed the place.
Yes, I did make us wear matching stripes for a photo op. What can I say? I wanted a picture of us wearing stripes in front of a light house!

What an amazing time! Can’t wait to do it again.

Chelsea @ two twenty one
    July 25, 2012 at 6:57 am

So glad you guys had a great trip! I loved seeing all your pics on Instagram. LOVE the “why yes, we’re wearing stripes in front of a lighthouse” photo!

Myra
    July 25, 2012 at 8:07 am

LOVE your pictures!! I think I need to add MA to my list of places to visit 🙂

Michelle @ The Vintage Apple
    July 25, 2012 at 8:18 am

I’m with Myra!!! I need to add MA to my list, too! Hubs has always wanted to go there!!! I want to eat that lobster roll! YUM!!! And K looks so cute!!! Y’all should use the matching stripes for a Christmas card this year! (even though K will probably be much bigger by then!)

Glad y’all had a good trip!!!!

Michelle
    July 25, 2012 at 9:05 am

I’ve always wanted to visit Cape Cod and you make me want to go even more! It looks beautiful! Kennedy is absolutely adorable! I love the pictures of you guys in stripes by the lighthouse!! Christmas card, perhaps?!

Phil and Darby Hawley
    July 25, 2012 at 9:19 am

What a lovely trip! All of the hydrangeas are beautiful!!! Please frame all of the family photos; sooo perfect!

Annalilly
    July 25, 2012 at 10:01 am

If we had their weather, I would have hydrangeas everywhere, too.

bailey k.
    July 25, 2012 at 11:34 am

I love Cape Cod! We were there last summer! Love your photos.

I’m starting a new link party on my blog, exclusively for traveling and experiencing different places. I’d love it if you would link up this post! Thanks so much!

CupcakesOMG!
    July 25, 2012 at 11:46 am

you got some great pictures–such an adorable family!! i had no idea you could do whale watching in Massachusetts either!! that lobster role has be excited to go to maine next weekend!!!

CupcakesOMG!

Holly
    July 25, 2012 at 4:36 pm

You really do have a beautiful family! That red bow is so sweet!

I’ve always wanted to go to Cape Cod, even though I’m not a beach person – the flower … drool.

Meghan
    July 25, 2012 at 4:53 pm

I’ve always wanted to visit the cape – it stems from my deep love for all things Kennedy:) And speaking of Kennedy’s, yours is so adorable in those outfits! Looks like you had an amazing time!

Jessica Renee
    July 25, 2012 at 5:36 pm

It looks absolutely gorgeous there, I can see why y’all had such a great time!

and of course, you and your family are the cutest!!

tara
    July 25, 2012 at 7:36 pm

love seeing all these pics of your adorable family! seems like the perfect vacay spot!

Ashlee Miller
    July 25, 2012 at 8:04 pm

Love all your pictures. Your family is adorable.

Kiley
    July 25, 2012 at 8:25 pm

You guys are just the darn cutest. Great snaps! I’m loving the stripes. 🙂 Good call on the coordinating. 😉

July 26, 2012 at 8:57 pm

Wow– Cape Cod looks so gorgeous! Not to mention your beautiful family!

Kristen Danielle
    July 27, 2012 at 10:27 am

Let me just say… your family is BEAUTIFUL!!! How sweet that y’all got to enjoy a full ten days there! Don’t ya just love having summer’s off?? 🙂

Shelley
    July 29, 2012 at 10:45 pm

The big floppy hat suits you. Love the pictures! Glad you went on a vacation!!

Kerbi
    July 30, 2012 at 9:38 pm

Y’all are too cute! Love the stripes! I am now drooling just looking at that lobster roll!

Jocelyn
    March 3, 2014 at 2:46 pm

Hi Meg,

My name is Jocelyn and I am with Dwellable. I am looking for fun and authentic blogs about Chatham and yours happened to catch my eye. If you’re open to it, shoot me an e-mail at jocelyn(at)dwellable(dot)com.

Hope to hear from you soon!
    – Jocelyn