April 2013 Beauty Favorites

You guys. It’s May. That means it’s almost summer (yay for no work!) and nearly one month away from my 21+9 birthday. It’s a big birthday this year. So I guess I only have a month left to enjoy 21+8.

Regardless, I have my monthly recap of my beauty favorites. I haven’t gotten that many new things this past month, but of course I always have my favorites of the month! Duh! Not to mention, two of these things I received for free. Bonus!

1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5

ANASTASIA PERFECT BROW PENCIL
This is seriously my Holy Grail brow pencil. I love a defined brow. It makes you look so much more put together, and I am always getting compliments on my brows. I just repurchased this pencil after going through my old one for a year and a half. Yes, you read that right. It lasted me that long. I prefer a brow pencil that I can sharpen because I feel like you get more product than one of those self-sharpening ones. In the process of trying to make this pencil last, I bought a few others. All of which I didn’t like as much as this one because either it ran out so fast, the color was off, or it wasn’t pigmented. I have this pencil in Medium Ash Brown and it is seriously perfect. Never straying away again.

VO5 TOTAL RECOVERY DEEP CONDITIONING HAIR MASK
At Blissdom, I received the entire new line (and then some) of VO5’s new Salon Series products. They totally rebranded and reformulated their prodcuts to perform like high end products. I have been quite impressed with the things I have tried, but this hair mask is my favorite. Not to mention, it’s really cheap. And I got it for free, which makes it even better. I was actually in need of a hair mask because my beloved Macadamia  mask saw its last days.

REVLON PHOTOREADY BB CREAM
I received this BB Cream as a Klout perk a few weeks ago. Revlon is one of my favorite drugstore brands (remember, Colorstay is my holy grail foundation!), so I had high hopes for their BB Cream. See, I honestly think BB Cream is hyped up to be this magical product, when essentially it’s an amped up tinted moisturizer (at least, the American brands are). So with that in mind, I have loved using this underneath my foundation and it’s helped with the need to use concealer. On its own, it’s great for days where I just need something quick and light. I use this how I use a tinted moisturizer, and I find it has a bit more coverage. I have this in the shade light-medium and is a great shade for me.

REDKEN GUTS 10 VOLUME SPRAY FOAM
I first saw this product on my friend, Veronika’s, blog. She has fabulous hair, so obviously I needed to try it. I’m still battling postpartum hair loss (seriously, it is the worst thing ever). My hair is so thin these days, and falls flat a lot. When I blow my hair out with this stuff, concentrating it at the roots and nowhere else, it really does bring my hair to life more.

LORAC BEHIND THE SCENES EYE PRIMER
This primer came with my Lorac Pro Palette (you know, my fave eyeshadow palette of the moment). It’s a small travel size, but it’s lasted me forever. I think I like this just as much as Too Faced Shadow Insurance (which I think is better than Urban Decay Primer Potion). Eyeshadow and liner lasts all day. Loves it. The end.

What are you loving lately? Leave me your suggestions in the comments!

Whitney Ellen
    May 1, 2013 at 9:50 am

I’ve been so up in the air with BB creams… and now I think I’m convinced. Much like you always manage to do to me!

Alex
    May 1, 2013 at 9:57 am

When I saw you had a beauty favorites post up I said to myself, “hmm I wonder if she’ll talk about a BB cream?” Then voila! You happen to talk about the one I’m using at the moment! I’m on my third drugstore BB cream now, and I’m finding it hard to find one that doesn’t make my skin oily. So far I’m a fan of the Revlon. I don’t wear any other face makeup, and I find it does what I need it to do!

thepaceofitall
    May 1, 2013 at 10:37 am

You’re going to be 21+9? Oof, I feel old! 🙂 I need to try out that eye primer, especially if you think it’s better than UD. That’s what I’ve been using lately.

Myra
    May 1, 2013 at 10:41 am

I really want to try out the Redken Guts Spray! I’m using some John Frieda root volumizer which is pretty good too!

giaghani
    May 1, 2013 at 10:56 am

I’m in the market for a new primer – I need to give the Lorac one a shot. XO

Shelley
    May 1, 2013 at 11:50 am

Girl, you look much younger than that. I had no idea! And what in the world is a hair mask?

thenerdykatie
    May 1, 2013 at 11:52 am

I don’t know if it’s the same primer or not, but I have been using a Lorac one for years and it’s amazing. I have tried the Tarte & Smashbox one but keep going back to Lorac!

Annalilly
    May 1, 2013 at 12:08 pm

I just got an anastasia brown pencil, too, but I got the non sharpening kind in the same color. So far so good!

Lauren
    May 1, 2013 at 12:27 pm

Ooh, I want to try the hair mask! I love that your favorites are such a good mix of essentials and less-essentials and drugstore and higher end!

CHAS
    May 1, 2013 at 1:35 pm

I’m going to buy the brow pencil. I currently use the Christie Harris powder from Michael Kempner. I also looove the Redken Guts; unfort it doesn’t make me look like Veronika. 🙂

May 1, 2013 at 2:23 pm

I’ve never been able to find a BB cream that’s light enough for me. All the “light/medium” shades are too dark… And my fave brow pencil is Benefit’s. I’m with you, though, on the ones you don’t have to sharpen. You lose SO much product that way.

Julie
    May 1, 2013 at 3:10 pm

Great pics! I’ve been wanting to start using a brow pencil. Question though…how do you pick the right color? Clueless here. Oh and I’m 21+16. Ouch. lol

Amber
    May 1, 2013 at 3:35 pm

I still haven’t tried my hair mask! Maybe I’ll do that this week 🙂 Also, I’ve been dying to try a BB cream, but I was on the fence about which one to try. I shall pick up the Revlon one. xoxo

Life With Lauren
    May 2, 2013 at 7:31 am

I am so excited that you put the Anastasia brow pencil on your list. I have been going back and forth trying to decide if I want to try it! No questions now gotta have it.

tara
    May 2, 2013 at 7:17 pm

how do i not have an anastasia brow pencil yet?

Chelsea
    May 2, 2013 at 9:47 pm

I never used to wear anything on my face like foundation or whatever cause I found it too heavy btu I LOVE bb cream because I wear moisturizer everyday anyways, and I find it to be very close to tinted moisturizer as opposed to actual foundation. I love garniers the best but it’s not a very educated opinion because it’s the only one I’ve tried hahahah. I should try this one! oh and i’ve had my dior brow pencil literally since 2009… it’s still got like forever to go on it. it’s crazy. it’s probably not good to be using makeup that long but oh well ahahaha

Georgina
    May 3, 2013 at 8:41 am

I’m really into the 2-part Dr. Gross Sensitive Exfoliating peel, Philosophy’s Miracle Cream and Rosemary Mint chapstick I got in my GlossyBox from The Honest company 🙂

Veronika
    May 5, 2013 at 8:16 pm

I’m so glad you love the Resken Guts 10 and thanks for the shout out! I recently got an Anastasia brow pencil but the self sharpening one and I love it. Her brow products are the best!

Saving Money Living Life