Hey guys! Today’s our second installment of Subscription Box Share, hosted by myself, Katie, and Tara! Write about any subscription box you receive (doesn’t have to be beauty), put our button anywhere on your post and come back to link up with us!
Let’s first talk about Beauty Box Five. They are a new beauty subscription company. They send you five samples per month, most of which are deluxe, for $12 (or less if you buy a quarterly or yearly subscription). When they contacted me asking me to review April’s box, I was thrilled! The brands that are in their boxes intrigue me and are brands that I’ve used and love or brands I’m interested in trying. The box that they sent me is about the same size as the Birchboxes, which was neither here nor there, but just for reference. Here’s my box!
1. MINXXETTE BRUSH HANGER – This is a little suction cup thingy that you are supposed to hang your makeup brushes in to dry upside down, because apparently it’s better to let them dry that way. The size of the brush hanger fits an eyeshadow brush. Now, don’t get me wrong, I’m all for cool, innovative beauty tools, but this just seems a bit excessive. I have a million makeup brushes, and my bathroom would certainly look a hot mess if I had a million of these brush hangers suctioned to all flat surfaces. Cool concept, but it may not work for me.
2. MODEL CO. ILLUSION LIP PENCIL – This lip pencil is supposed to help you line your lips as to make them look plumper. I like the nude color of the pencil, and I also like that it has a little sharpener on the cap. I actually don’t have a nude lip liner, and this is full size (score! $20 value!), so this is a perfect addition to my collection.
3. LA FRESH INSTANT BODY SMOOTHER – These little towlettes are supposed to help calm and wipe away stress and fatigue. They have peppermint and essential oils and what not. Greg and I rubbed them on each other while watching TV before bed, and we sure felt relaxed. Was a nice little luxury and a nice bonus.
4. JEAN PIERRE OIL ABSORBING FACIAL TISSUES – Does what it says. Great at blotting oil without messing up my makeup. I actually needed more oil absorbing sheets for my purse, so I was happy when I saw this product.
5. BRAZEN COSMETICS EYESHADOW – This loose eyeshadow is an eco-friendly brand, that is also vegan! Finding brands like that is very awesome to me, and I hope that more mainstream beauty brands turn to more eco-friendly practices. Anyway, the shadow is a very simple nude color, and it actually reminds me a lot of “Naked” by Urban Decay. Great color for blending out other colors.
1. BLVGARI TEA BAG FOR BATH – Holy crap, this smells awesome, although I haven’t used it yet. I can’t wait to take a bath!!
2. TIGI COSMETICS GLOW BLUSH – I love the color that they sent me of this blush. It’s a spicy kind of plummy-goldeny-pink. It’s hard to describe, and I own nothing like it. I believe the color is called “Haute”. Hollah for another full size product!! $22 value!
3. WASH WITH JOE COFFEEMINT INVIGORATING BODY WASH – Another amazing smelling thing in my box! Coffeemint? Who da thunk? Brilliant combination if I don’t say so myself. Very energizing for those morning showers!
4. ALTERNA BAMBOO STYLE BOHO WAVES TOUSLED TEXTURE MIST – I like the Alterna brand, and another spray has been in my Glossybox before. I do not own a texturizing spray, which is cool because now I want to really try it more during the summer. I plan on using this on air-dried hair. I played around with it a little bit and I like it so far!
5. THE HONEST COMPANY ORGANIC LIP BALM – Yay! Another eco-friendly and organic product! I got the vanilla citrus flavor, and it’s like putting a creamsicle on your lips. Love it. It’s incredibly smooth and moisturizing. I had no idea I could love a lip balm upon first wear this much. I adore it! Apparently these come in packs of three, so it’s technically not a full sized product.
6. LE METIER DE BEAUTE REPLENISHING DAILY SERUM – Okay, so this stuff runs $225 for 1.7 ounces. Are you freaking kidding me? Now I’m kind of scared to use it, in case it’s like the wings of angels that touch my skin and make me look like a supermodel. I honestly would never pay that much for a serum. I guess I’m flattered that they think us Glossybox subscribers are fancy high class ladies, but dang that is just too much. So yeah. There you have it.