Beauty Monthly Beauty Favorites

May 2013 Beauty Favorites

Here we are! My birthday month (duh, I celebrate the whole month even though it’s at the beginning of the month)! I actually have bought quite a few new things lately and I have a lot to share and a lot of ideas for posts this summer. If there is anything you would like me to post about, makeup wise, then leave it in the comments and I’ll be sure to get inspired by your ideas!

So, let’s get on with my favorites from this month!

1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5

LAURA GELLER BLUSH ‘N BRIGHTEN BAKED BLUSH IN ‘GOLDEN APRICOT’
I picked this up with an Ulta gift card, otherwise I probably wouldn’t have splurged the $30-something dolla bills (I always splurge when I have a gift card). But it turns out I really, really like it. It’s a baked blush with different pigments swirled together. It’s kind of sparkly (and you know I sometimes have an aversion to too-sparkly makeup), but it is more luminous than chunky glitter. The shade is very flattering, and I picked it up because I felt like it would work well in the summer months when I am not using a pink blush!

PANTENE AGE DEFY ADVANCED THICKENING TREATMENT
I am probably going to do a full review on this product later on, but it just had to make my favorites list. It’s a root/scalp treatment, and runs at about $20 a pop. You are supposed to spray about ten pumps on your roots two times a day and it helps with volume and thickening your hair. This stuff is legit. I haven’t had the chance to use the bottle up quite yet, and I’ve only been using it a few weeks, but the thickness and volume of my hair is outta control. I love it! I am not sure if it is actually making hair grow but it is sure making it appear thicker, and it lasts through an evening.

REAL TECHNIQUES EXPERT FACE BRUSH
I picked this up at Ulta, and it was kind of a spur of the moment purchase. I had totally forgotten that Samantha Chapman, YouTube beauty guru extraordinaire, had developed this line of brushes! I have been using this one to blend my Revlon Colorstay foundation, and I am loving the finish it gives. Very airbrushed. I have also used this to contour with bronzer, and it fits pretty well into all of the places I contour. Pretty versatile brush, and it was only $8 or so! I also picked up the setting brush which I love, but I just wish there were more brushes in this line. I would probably buy more!

OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE COSMETICS LIP TAR IN ‘GRANDMA’
I have been wanting to get myself a Lip Tar for a while now, and I had a Sephora gift card (people surely know the way to my heart, don’t they?) so I splurged. I have hot pink and true red lipsticks, so I wanted to step out of my comfort zone and get something a little different – coral. I picked the shade “Grandma” as it was described as a true coral. The name cracked me up, as well. I mean, quite fitting for me coming up on that big birthday of mine. And I just love it! It goes on smoothly, but dries almost like a stain. It is best to use the little brush that comes with it, as it is very pigmented. I have worn this sheer and opaque, and it looks gorgeous either way!

NYX SINGLE EYESHADOW IN ‘ICED MOCHA’
I was looking for a MAC Satin Taupe dupe and it seemed like everywhere on the internet suggested this eyeshadow. And they were right! It is a universally flattering taupe color with a satin finish. It should pretty much be a staple in your makeup collection. It also kind of reminds me of one of the shades in the Naked 2 palette – Suspect, I believe. Anyway, it was $4 or something. Worth it. Get it. NYX is such an awesome affordably-priced brand, also.

One last thing to show you. In the photo below, I have used all five of my beauty favorites! I am wearing the Iced Mocha eyeshadow, Golden Apricot blush and Grandma Lip Tar. FAB-BU-LUSS.

What have you been using and loving lately? Leave your favorites in the comments so I can add it to my ever-growing wish list!

Susan Collier
    June 6, 2013 at 7:15 am

Lovely choices, i love the blush,
    I am more of a pink blush girl and i am looking for more neutral tones and this looks perfect!
    lovely blog and read 🙂 Thanks for sharing!
    Much love,
    Suz x
    bloosieslife.blogspot.co.uk

backtobeingjolly
    June 6, 2013 at 7:34 am

I’ve been on the hunt for a good summer blush so I am now going shopping!!!

backtobeingjolly
    June 6, 2013 at 7:34 am

I’ve been on the hunt for a good summer blush so I am now going shopping!!!

June 6, 2013 at 8:03 am

I’ve always been afraid of the OCC Lip Tars. They’re all so bright, and I like a more neutral lip color. But that coral looks beautiful on you!

Amy
    June 6, 2013 at 8:16 am

OMG I need that lip tar. Does it last better than a lipstick? I am going to a wedding in July and want something that is going to last better than a lipstick.

You look beautiful in that picture!!! Love the look!

Ari @ The Pace of it All
    June 6, 2013 at 8:30 am

Between you and Tara, I feel as though I need that lip tar. Does it last a long time? AND… can you buy it in stores? I’m horrible about buying stuff online and then the color is off…

Annalilly
    June 6, 2013 at 8:43 am

I love coral lips! I have to get one that leans more toward pink than orange, though, for my skin tone. Have you tried the Napoleon Perdis? I have had a lipstick I love from them forever that was kind of an impulse – Anna. I mean, I couldn’t not get it, right?

The color of that blush looks awesome. I needed a new Wet and Wild one to replace my NARS – which could only sit out on my counter, because of it breaking. The color I got of the W&W one is kind of shocking, but it blends in well. I know I could have used the tip to reset it, but there just wasn’t enough left to really do it.

The shadow reminds me a lot of my all time favorite chanel shadow, Safari: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp?itemid=81981. It’s so perfect for work or vamped up for smokey eye. Cheaper version for when I run out? OK!

I’ll look forward to your review on the Pantene product. Twice a night? I’ve been spoiled by a friend getting me Kevin Murphy products (full again and resort hair love), but I need to find some other options, too.

Inggih Laras Ati
    June 6, 2013 at 9:11 am

you look preety dear, your hair like it 🙂

XOxo,Ila

Life With Lauren
    June 6, 2013 at 9:35 am

The NYX shade is gorgeous! I have to get that one!

Lauren
    June 6, 2013 at 10:06 am

Love that the lip tar is called Grandma! And that eyeshadow is a great color. I have never heard of that brand before so I’ll have to go find it!

ashleigh
    June 6, 2013 at 1:17 pm

you are just so purtttyy

Alex
    June 6, 2013 at 1:31 pm

um you look AMAZING! Now I want all these products!

Darby Hawley
    June 6, 2013 at 1:44 pm

Look how hot you are for you birthday month!!!!! I hope I look just as good as you for my big 3-0!

Chasity Munn
    June 6, 2013 at 2:06 pm

You look fabulous!!!

I have to remember to get some of that hair stuff!

Courtney B
    June 7, 2013 at 10:18 am

You are the only other person I’ve seen in blogland using Laura Gellar! I love her stuff!

Amber
    June 7, 2013 at 4:12 pm

You look gorge, Meg!!

Okay, I’ve gotta try that Pantene stuff, but I’m hesitant because a lot of products make my already oily hair even more so. I wonder if this will??

tara
    June 7, 2013 at 8:33 pm

lip tar! lip tar! lip tar!

and i’m glad you like the laura gellar blush!

Shelley
    June 10, 2013 at 9:22 pm

Gorgeous!!

Aileen Barker
    June 13, 2013 at 1:55 am

Your make up is FABULOUS. I cannot handle more than mascara and BB cream. Sometimes I’ll throw on a little blush. Any more than that and I feel like a drag queen, though I’m sure that’s a bit dramatic.