5 High End Beauty Products Worth Trying

If you’ve been reading my blog for a while, you know I am definitely not a sucker or snob for high end beauty brands. If I can find something at the drug store that’s cheap and I love, then you bet your sweet toosh it’s going on my favorites list (my favorite foundation, Revlon Colorstay, is a drugstore product). However, I do use high end brands, especially products that are totally unique and luxurious. My feeling is I think it’s a worthy product if I cannot find anything like it anywhere else, or if it feels the product is very pampering to me.

A lot of my friends and readers ask me what I would recommend if they were shopping at Sephora or another high end cosmetic counter. There are a lot of products I would recommend, but for purposes of this post, I have narrowed it down to five. I really tried to think about items that are totally unique and I haven’t found a dupe for, or items that truly make me feel pampered because of something special. If you guys love this post, perhaps I can make it a series! So, without further adieu, I present to you “5 High End Beauty Products Worth Trying”!

highendbeautyproductsworthtrying

1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5

1. YVES SAINT LAURENT ROUGE VOLUPTE SHINE ‘NUDE IN PRIVATE’
I realize this is $34 lipstick, but is the most perfect lipstick I have ever tried. Not to mention, this shade is the most perfect nude shade for my skin tone. The packaging is luxurious. Definitely worth the splurge. When someone gifts you a sephora gift card, you go out and get you this.

2. BOBBI BROWN CORRECTOR
I have talked before in this post about how much I love this stuff, and I have never been able to find anything in the drugstore quite like it. This is an under eye corrector, which is not to be confused with a concealer. It cancels out the dark circles under your eyes. It’s important, however, to get the right color for it to work correctly. If you need help with understanding color correcting cosmetics, check out my post here.

3. TOO FACED CHOCOLATE SOLEIL BRONZER
Okay, it’s another matte bronzer. But it’s so incredibly finely milled. And the color is buildable and beautiful. Best of all, it smells like chocolate. If putting chocolate on your face isn’t pampering yourself, I don’t know what is.

4. ANASTASIA PERFECT BROW PENCIL
I have talked about this brow pencil quite a few times here on my blog, most recently on my Let’s Talk Brows post. I have not been able to find a drugstore equivalent to this pencil. The product goes on so wonderfully, and it’s very buildable. It isn’t scary to use, and it looks incredibly natural. It’s quick and easy. Not to mention, it lasts me forever (about a year)!

5. LORAC PRO PALETTE
This magical palette is no stranger to my blog, and I have reviewed this palette in depth before here. Apparently Lorac Cosmetics liked it because they pinned it (so basically I’m famous). This is the most versatile palette I own. I would recommend this palette a million times before I would recommend the Urban Decay Naked Palette, because it is that more versatile. It’s like owning the Naked and Naked Basics in one. Kinda. You get eight matte shadows and eight satin/shimmer shadows. The quality is amazing. Everything is super wearable. You can create a multitude of looks. I just love it!

So let me ask you now. What is your favorite high end beauty product?

Comments

1. says

I bought an Anastasia brow pencil after you and the Glossarie posted about them. I need to replace one I bought from Chanel years ago – that lasted forever – and I’m happy with it. I wanted the pencil, but for some reason the Sephora girl told me to get the plastic pencil. I regret not getting the wooden one. If you say that lipstick is that amazing, I believe you. Maybe it’ll be a birthday splurge this year. I’m still working through using up all of the makeup I currently own. On a side note, your insert symbol is upside down. Love – your favorite English Major.

• says

Oh, my ^ symbol? I thought I would put it upside down just for the heck of it since the word is below??? Haha! You are too funny!! Yes, the self-sharpening one doesn’t last. I will always recommend the wooden one because it literally will last you forever.

• says

I forgot to add my favorite splurge – I loved, loved, loved a blush I got from Chanel when I had them do my makeup at the counter for my wedding. It was one of the best colors ever, but I cannot remember the name now. It was a peachy pink with a subtle gold shimmer. I adored it, but just like NARS orgasm, it broke into a million little pieces. Since It was prepinterest, there was no way knowing how to put it back together.

• says

Come over and play with the bronzer! You would like it! Oh and that is good to know about the Bobbi Brown line at Baybrook! Now I don’t have to order my corrector online to get sephora points!

2. says

I’ve been dying to get my hands on that Lorac palette! Next gift card… I honestly don’t remember the last drugstore brand item I bought (unless you count NYX…). I’ve been using the Benefit Hoola bronzer and just hit pan this week (after two years, so I think I got my $34 worth!). When it finally runs out, I’ll have to check out the Too Faced one– I love their Candlelight Glow highlighting powder.
    Katie recently posted…Weekend.My Profile

• says

Yes, you need the Lorac palette like sooooo bad! You would love it!!! I feel like I spent most of the summer buying drugstore items! Dang, that is crazy about hoola! Definitely got your money’s worth!

3. says

First of all, let me apologize for being so late mailing your WnW palettes! We had a crazy week last week and I just got behind. But I bought a padded envelope yesterday and will go to the post office today!

I got a Sephora gift card for my bday and I bought that exact YSL lipstick in that exact color. I like it, but it’s just a teeny bit sheer for me! I wish it was either a smidge more opaque or a smidge darker. It’s pretty but it almost feels like there’s nothing on my lips. I’m gonna keep wearing it though and I know it will grow on me.

I don’t have Choc Soleil, but I do have the Too Faced Sun Bunny bronzer which I don’t like at all cause it’s orangey! I recently bought Tarte’s Hotel Heiress, which so far I like a lot! My all time fave is Benefit’s Hoola, though–I think it’s just the absolute perfect shade.

Actually, I think several of my “worth the money” products would be by Benefit–love them.

I got another gift card recently & am off to buy something from the new Marc Jacobs line!
    Claire Kiefer recently posted…Hello Again & Father’s Day RecapMy Profile

• says

Girl, it’s no big deal!! I can see that maybe the YSL lipstick might not work for some skin tones, because a nude lipstick is so hard to match every skin tone. The Choc Soleil is definitely not orange at all! You would love it. I want some Marc Jacobs stuff too!!!

4. says

Okay, a few things. Love that lipstick – thanks to you letting me use it at Blissdom ;)

I still need to go get color matched for that Bobbi corrector. I think that’s why I haven’t ordered it yet because of the hassle of getting matched. But I badly need something for these dark circles.

And next month, I’ll need you to teach me more about coloring my eyebrows. Every time I do it, it looks so ridiculous to me. I don’t know if I’m overdoing it, or if it just looks weird because I’m not use to it, or what. But I need major help in that department!
    Amber recently posted…My First Untitled PostMy Profile