Beauty Monthly Beauty Favorites

A Belated August 2013 Beauty Favorites

How in the world is it September 10 and I am just now getting to post my August Beauty Favorites? Well, I can tell you that last week was a full week of auditions, callbacks, and cast list posting. Those weeks are long, even if it was a four day work week. Getting home late and wanting to spend time with Kennedy trumped writing this post last week, but that doesn’t mean I can’t get it up this week, right? Better late than never!

Meg O.'s Beauty Favorites
Gold Bond, Painted Earth, Mary Kay, Nars, Coastal Scents

1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5

GOLD BOND INTENSIVE HEALING HAND CREAM
This is an amazing hand cream! I suffer from extremely dry cuticles and this truly helps me stop from picking (I am an obsessive picker otherwise).

PAINTED EARTH SKINCARE BAKED MINERAL BLUSH IN ‘NECTAR’
I actually have a full review of this cosmetic line coming up tomorrow, but I just had to share this blush with y’all. I’ve been kind of obsessed with it. It’s a pinky-peachy super bright blush, but super blendable and wearable. I know I technically started using this product in September, but humor me, okay?

MARY KAY TIMEWISE REPAIR VOLUFIRM EYE CREAM
Despite the annoyingly long name of this eye cream (have you noticed I just despise really long product names that are hard to remember?) it is super moisturizing and keeps my otherwise dry under eye area very moisturized. I can’t say that it has repaired my under eye area, but I do notice a bit of smoothing of fine lines, and my makeup definitely stays in place better.

NARS LIPSTICK IN ‘BARBARELLA’
I’ve actually had this lipstick for a while and I forgot about it. For shame! I mean, it’s Nars, for goodness’ sake! Anyway, this shade is really unique. I would describe it as a peachy nude. A little bright, but extremely wearable. It’s like wearing a nude lip with a little punch, and I like that.

COASTAL SCENTS BENT EYELINER BRUSH
I placed an order for some Coastal Scents brushes and a small eye palette recently. I am kind of on the fence with some of the other brushes, but this bent eyeliner brush is amazing! Not to mention it was only $2. It makes applying gel liner a dream, and something about it feels like I have so much more control. Why have I waited this long for a bent eyeliner brush?

There you have it! What products have you been loving lately? Leave suggestions in the comments so I can add them to my never ending beauty wish list!

Oh, and happy mid September. Whoops.

Anne
    September 10, 2013 at 8:18 am

The color of that blush is fun! I’m almost done with my simple eye cream, so maybe I’ll ask my friend, who sells MK, for that!

September 11, 2013 at 8:00 am

Yes, give that eye cream a try! Maybe get your friend to send you a sample so you can try it out. Usually MK ladies are good about samples 🙂

amy
    September 10, 2013 at 8:33 am

I feel like I would have a hard time learning to use a bent brush! Did it take a bit to get used to?

I can only imagine how busy last week was for you! Joel is coaching hockey, and between tryouts, first games and practices, I NEVER see him anymore.

September 11, 2013 at 8:00 am

No, it was actually a lot easier to use than my regular brush! Weird, right??

Jenn @ Party of One
    September 10, 2013 at 8:48 am

I look forward to these posts every month! I love reading what products you suggest! This month, I can’t wait to try out the hand cream- I know once the cooler weather comes I’m going to need some serious moisturizing on my hands.

September 11, 2013 at 7:59 am

Thank you so much for that sweet comment! I’m glad you find my monthly posts helpful and I’m glad I did it, even though it was late! You definitely would like that hand cream!

Niki
    September 10, 2013 at 11:17 am

That Barbarella lipstick is SO pretty!

September 11, 2013 at 7:31 am

It SO is! You definitely need it 🙂

Bre
    September 10, 2013 at 8:20 pm

i just bought a waterproof chunky eyeliner from sephora. in violet. it’s the kind that loks a different color in a different light. i lurve it! i usually don’t do bold eyes but i couldn’t not get this. it was so pretty on my hand in the store lol. plus it is really really waterproof. it creased a bit after about 8 hours even with my primer, but not enough to be really angry with the stick.

September 11, 2013 at 7:31 am

Ooh, that sounds fun!!! I bet that could be worn a bunch of different ways!

Darby Hawley
    September 10, 2013 at 10:51 pm

Clearly I need that eye liner brush! I’ve been using the gel liner since you recommended it last year, and it is a dream! So I would love to try this brush as well!

What play are you all doing this semester?

September 11, 2013 at 7:30 am

You would love it if you love gel liner! I think ELF has a similar brush, as well.

Sarah
    September 11, 2013 at 2:47 pm

Can we start a ‘cuticles picking anonymous’ club?

I am sooo bad at it.

Miranda
    September 17, 2013 at 3:35 pm

Ooh, that Nars color looks really pretty! I am going to have to check that out next time I’m at Sephora!

Mich