Beauty Skincare

Skincare Sunday – 5 Blemish Busting Cleansers Worth Trying

I do realize that this post is coming up much later in the day than I anticipated. You must forgive me, for I am suffering from a Phillip Lim for Target hangover. Yes, I scored some goodies in the “wee hours of the morning” (as Target so nonchalantly said they would have them up). Those “wee hours” were at 2:30 am. Kudos to you all who went out in your sweatpants this morning to knock people down at your local Target, because it was stressful enough just being behind a computer stalking the hash tag!

Anyway, today’s Skincare Sunday has to do with natural cleansers that I would totally recommend for those that need help with controlling their acne! I have tried all of these cleansers and y’all know I wouldn’t recommend them unless I loved them! Even better? Most of these are budget friendly!

Skincare Sunday

5 Natural Blemish Busting Cleansers Worth Trying

1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5

1. ALBA BOTANICA ACNEDOTE DEEP PORE WASH
I love this cleanser because of the salicylic acid content. You usually find it at a 1% concentration in cleansers, but this one is 2%. It lasts forever, smells great, and is non-drying for me. If you are having a lot of trouble with acne constantly, I highly suggest you look into this cleanser.

2. MICHAEL TODD TRUE ORGANICS CHARCOAL DETOX CLEANSER
I have recently partnered with Michael Todd True Organics to review products, and just within a week of using this cleanser, I am just simply amazed. It’s all natural and activated charcoal, which is amazing for detoxifying and ridding the face of impurities. This cleanser is so unique because although it is a gel, it is probably the least-irritating blemish busting cleanser I’ve ever used. I’m thinking if you have super dry or sensitive skin, but still need to combat some blemishes, you definitely need this in your life. It is the most expensive cleanser on this list, but it is so unique and amazing.

3. CLEARASIL SUPERFRUIT CLEANSER
I received this cleanser from Clearasil through a campaign, and I seriously have fallen in love with it. You can read that review here. It’s super refreshing, and great at keeping acne at bay. I like this one for waking up in the morning – such refreshing scent while also being a super effective cleanser.

4. BURTS BEES NATURAL ACNE SOLUTIONS PURIFYING GEL CLEANSER
Burts Bees has an amazing line of products. While I think some of them are a little expensive, this one is awesome and is only around $10. The willow bark extract is a natural form of salicylic acid. I find this cleanser to be a little liquidy, and a little goes a long way. It foams up nicely.

5. ALBA BOTANICA GOOD & CLEAN GENTLE ACNE WASH
I really think Alba Botanica is a great natural cosmetic line. All of their products are pretty budget friendly, too. I picked this up because I wanted a cleanser that could shut close so I could travel with it. I actually ended up loving it quite a lot. The cleanser is very thick, foams up nicely, and doesn’t leave my skin too drying.

There you have it! My favorite natural, blemish busting cleansers! Hope y’all are having a relaxing Sunday! I’m off to take a nap while Miss Kennedy is napping!

Lisette
    September 15, 2013 at 4:32 pm

I love these kinds of posts! Salicylic acid isn’t as great as benzoyl peroxide is for my skin. That Michael Todd with the charcoal looks really interesting!

September 15, 2013 at 7:56 pm

I usually have weird luck with benzoyl peroxide products – like I end up ruining towels, sheets, and clothes. I hate that it bleaches fabric! But I do have white towels, so I should explore more benzoyl peroxide cleansers. Any you would recommend? I am seriously in love with the Michael Todd line right now!

Lisette
        September 15, 2013 at 8:01 pm

Yeah, that bleaching can happen. Believe it or not, what’s worked for me lately has been the trio of Acne Free available at Walmart, Walgreens, etc. The repairing lotion works wonders for my skin, the cleanser, not so much.

September 16, 2013 at 10:31 am

Okay, I’m going to try out the first one. I have had a cystic pimple forever that just won’t die. I need something new obvs. Do lotions next, I need a new one haha!

Shannon
    September 16, 2013 at 3:04 pm

Hi Meg,

I use some great products but am definitely lacking a good cleanser and have been on the hunt for a while now. I’ve got really dry sensitive skin. Is there one you’d recommend over the others for my skin type?

Kristen @ KV Confessions
    September 16, 2013 at 8:43 pm

Great post – I love Alba! I tried it a while back and really liked how it made my skin feel. Thanks for the reminder to switch back 🙂

Raza Rizvi
    September 17, 2013 at 4:05 pm

Wonderful post…I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets RAZA,
    Follow me on bloglovin and get followed back,
    My link http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/10626837/wikisup

Chocolatewithglitter
    September 19, 2013 at 6:37 am

I am so glad I found this post.
    I am not a teen but I am dealing with acne and I am looking for good cleanser for a while now.
    Thanks for reccommendation I will try them.

chocolatewithglitter.blogspot.com

Skincare Sunday - Rodan + Fields Review (and Giveaway!) - Meg O. on the Go
    October 6, 2013 at 10:55 am

[…] Lip Renewing Serum // ESSENTIALS Lip Shield Broad Spectrum (SPF 25) // ENHANCEMENTS Lip […]

age spots removal cream