Two Minute Tutorial: Eyeshadow Brush 101

You guys. I am sooooooo excited to announce a new series I am starting. It’s not only a beauty ideo series but each video will be under three minutes! I give you…. TWO MINUTE TUTORIALS!

A little background information on this endeavor. I was thinking to myself recently that I wish I had more time to make and edit videos. Not to mention, I was thinking about how also I do not like to watch super long beauty videos, either. When I say I like to find time for fabulous, it doesn’t mean I like to spend a long time looking for it. Hence this win-win situation. Less time spent filming/editing the video and less time for y’all watching it! Everyone has time to watch a video that is under five minutes. No need to scroll through the video to get to the good stuff… ’cause it’s here, baby!

The motto for the Two Minute Tutorials is: “Finding time for Fabulous Fast!” I even sung my own theme song in my cheesiest theme song voice ever. Aren’t y’all just so proud of me?

The goal with this series is to kind of do a little explaining about what the tutorial is, set a timer for 2 minutes and then go to town! So that means technically each video will not be exactly two minutes as I open and close the video. I kind of got a little flustered with staying on time that I didn’t show the products super well. I also feel like I was filmed at a really bad angle and my hair looks weird (thank goodness for my hair appointment next week). I look like ten pounds heavier than I am. Or maybe it’s all that stress weight I’ve absorbed due to my show. Either way, I will be experimenting with different locations in my house and with lighting and angles. I’ll get it down.

In the meantime, feel free to ask any questions.

To kick it off, I’ll be talking about brushes. Today’s Two Minute Tutorial is Eyeshadow Brush 101!

PRODUCTS MENTIONED:

Sigma E60 | Sigma E55  | Sigma E35 | Sigma E40 | Sigma E30
E.L.F Studio Contour Brush | Coastal Scents Classic Bent Liner Synthetic | Sigma E05

If you liked my tutorial, I encourage you to subscribe to my new YouTube Channel or Pin the image below!

Eyeshadow Brush 101

Well, that was fun, now was it?

Sarah E
    October 30, 2013 at 8:12 am

Love this! I have about 20 billion brushes and have no idea what they are for LOL
    I’m trying to learn more, so I am excited about these two-minute tutorials.

Is Dexter an Abyssinian? Either way gorgeous kitty :3

October 30, 2013 at 1:54 pm

Haha!!! Well girl, I gotcha covered! Next edition is face brushes!

And YES! Dexter is a purebred Abyssinian!! He is a hoot. I didn’t mean to look rude when I pushed him off the table – I was so flustered talking about all those brushes in two minutes and was afraid he would take one and run away (he is known to be crazy like that)! Haha!

Sarah E
        October 30, 2013 at 1:57 pm

Oh no, no, you didn’t look rude at all. I have two cats, so I’m used to cat butt whenever I’m trying to do anything 😉

Can’t wait for more TMT 🙂

Because Shanna Said So
    October 30, 2013 at 11:33 am

Can you please give me a private lesson…seriously! i suck at applying eyeshadow and choosing brushes. Your color looks amazing. Momma needs help! And too funny about Dexter making an appearance!! 🙂

October 30, 2013 at 1:55 pm

Girl, anytime! You come dress me and make me look fabulous in clothes and then I come and do makeup! Deal? 🙂 And yes, Dexter is a bit of an attention seeker. LOL

Mandy@ a sorta fairytale
    October 30, 2013 at 12:59 pm

You’re a makeup goddess. I love these tutorials!! I have no idea what I’m doing when I put on makeup!

October 30, 2013 at 1:55 pm

Why thank you, dear! That means a lot to me!!! Glad to help out!!!

amy
    October 30, 2013 at 2:03 pm

oh my I love your song at the beginning. Had you not said it was you I probably wouldn’t have noticed it!

I’m excited about this series 🙂

One day I will splurge and get good brushes!

Niki
    October 30, 2013 at 3:27 pm

This is a great tutorial! And your cat is adorable! haha

Georgina
    October 30, 2013 at 3:55 pm

This sounds like the perfect amount of time – enough to get the information you need and short enough to keep your interest!!! Awesome Meg xo

Link Love: 11.01.13 - Glossy Blonde
    October 31, 2013 at 11:02 pm

[…] Great breakdown of eyeshadow brushes and what each is used […]

Alex
    November 4, 2013 at 4:57 pm

haha I loved this! And I’m so glad Dexter had a cameo!

November 5, 2013 at 5:22 pm

Thank you so much, pal!

Miranda
    November 11, 2013 at 5:55 pm

I love this! I enjoy watching beauty videos and tutorials but they are usually soooo long! I love the idea of doing them in two minutes!