Beauty Monthly Beauty Favorites

September 2013 Beauty Favorites

Well, it’s fall, y’all! Although it’s 90 degrees and 88% humidity down here in the great ol’ city of Houston, everyone has brainwashed into telling themselves it’s autumn. I find it a bit absurd because we don’t have leaves that change colors and crisp temperatures. Honestly, it just kinda gets colder somewhere between now and January. Some Halloweens we are sweating our rears off, and others we are wearing jackets (most of the time we’re sweating). I’m just grateful it’s not in the 100+s anymore. So that means I can put up my fall wreath. And with it being October, it’s time for my monthly beauty favorites! Yeah, that was not a great segway into talking about beauty favorites. Whatever. I just wanted an excuse to do some fall smack talking.

Anyway, I’m doing something a little different this month. I took some photos of my own products in my own home (boo yah!) and then a pic of some of my favorites on my face. Hope you enjoy.

Meg O.'s Beauty Favorites

Beauty Favorites: ELF, Wet 'n Wild Nude in Private, Maybelline Rocket,  Crown Brush, Mac Candy Yum Yum

ELF CONDITIONING LIP BALM

I picked this lip balm up a few months ago when ELF had a huge sale (that’s when I stock up), and I really enjoy this balm. It’s buttery, moisturizing, and the color is super flattering without being overpowering. It’s in an abnormally large tub (like something I would expect a blush to come in), so it’s not exactly purse friendly, but it’s great in the morning when getting ready. I am guilty of not putting something on my lips until later when I get to work, and this prevents me from leaving the house looking so ghastly.

MAYBELLINE ROCKET MASCARA

I’ve read and seen video reviews that many people think this mascara is comparable to the Benefit They’re Real. First of all, I’m not a huge They’re Real fan, but I am a fan of this mascara. It plumps and lengthens, and the brush is very similar to the They’re Real. I’m a believer of this mascara and I will most definitely be repurchasing. I have it in the waterproof version.

WET ‘N WILD NUDE AWAKENING EYE PALETTE

I have seen that this is an amazing Naked Palette dupe, and y’all know I’m a sucker for a good dupe. It has been out for a while, and I think it was launched with Wet ‘n Wild’s spring line, and I don’t know what took me so long to learn about it. But once I did, I just couldn’t find it anywhere. Luckily the awesome Claire was so sweet and sent me it (along with the other palette from that line). It was such a sweet gesture! I find some shades in it to be very Naked Palette-ish, and performs much like other WnW palettes I own. I find that the longevity isn’t amazing (it seems some are better than others), but it’s a lot of fun to play with and I’ve enjoyed using it a lot!

CROWN BRUSH INFINITY ROUND BLENDER

I ordered a few Crown Brushes in the summer, and while some of them are not that great, this little baby blending brush is amazing! I have loved using it to blend in concealer, specifically under my eyes. It’s such a delicate area, so using light circular motions, I am able to get that area pretty flawless looking.

MAC LIPSTICK IN ‘CANDY YUM YUM’

Why in the world did it take me so long to purchase this iconic MAC shade of lipstick?! It’s seriously amazing. So bold, almost neon. The color is so unique. It’s like a fuschia-y barbie pink, with purple/cool undertones. So fabulous. I think it’s great for fall (and it’s on trend!). The only problem is it’s a little dry, so putting on some lip balm before is a good idea. I freakin’ love this lipstick.

And a little selfie for your entertainment…

sept13favorites2

I am wearing Candy Yum Yum on my lips, and I used the Nude Awakening palette and Rocket mascara. Boom. I’m thinking about cutting my hair shorter into a ‘lob’ and going less ombre and more “peekaboo highlights” (meaning no strong highlights on top, just super blended so it’s easy to maintain when it grows out). What do you think?

What have you been loving lately? Leave me product suggestions so I can add them to my ever-growing beauty wish list!

Whitney
    October 3, 2013 at 7:59 am

Love that lipstick on you but I think it would make me look like a clown with my pale skin! haha. We need to pick out a shade for me to buy, I can never find a good one!

October 3, 2013 at 8:43 am

It definitely would NOT make you look like a clown! I am totally down for some lipstick shopping any time! 🙂

Anne
    October 3, 2013 at 8:11 am

I think a bob would be adorable! My favorite highlights are the ones that just peek out around my neck. Do it.

October 3, 2013 at 8:42 am

I am definitely going to be less ombre. I don’t want to go really short though. Just about shoulder length, and a blunt cut with a few face framing layers! My hair is pissing me off. I feel like it is never going to look full ever again. After having K it is just stringy.

Sarah
    October 3, 2013 at 8:56 am

Oh I haven’t seen that balm from elf, I’ll have to check that out!

I have been wearing that mascara for a few months and I am obsessed with it! I didn’t care for They’re Real either, I mean it’s great but it didn’t blow my socks off like the Rocket does. And for that price? Can’t beat it!

Miranda
    October 3, 2013 at 12:43 pm

I have the same lipstick! I wore it a lot when I first got it, but haven’t busted it out lately. I definitely need to wear it again! It looks so good on you 🙂

Also, I fully support a “lob”! It would be so chic!

Lauren
    October 3, 2013 at 1:14 pm

I use that mascara! Wow, I feel so in the know that I actually own something you blogged about (I am 1/500, ha!). The lob would be so cute on you!

Niki
    October 3, 2013 at 3:38 pm

I LOVE Candy Yum Yum! One of my favorite shades ever! And it looks amazing on you!!

Amber
    October 3, 2013 at 5:45 pm

I LOVE that lipstick on you, so fun. I’m going to have to pick up some of that mascara. I love maybelline mascara! You look gorgey, friend!

Jodi
    October 4, 2013 at 11:39 am

That lipstick is so bight and pretty!!

Mandy
    October 7, 2013 at 4:53 pm

I have been DYING to find the Nude Awkening palette and could not find it anywhere I looked! I am so jealous!! 🙂

Claire Kiefer
    October 8, 2013 at 6:30 am

The Rocket is really good! I loooooove Benefit’s They’re Real (it’s a pain to remove, like a waterproof mascara, but it makes my lashes look so long & thick), and I do see the similarities in the wand. This is gonna sound crazy but I think you’ll know what I mean: I wish the bristles on the Rocket were just a teeny bit longer so they grabbed my lashes better, but overall, I think it’s a pretty great mascara!

Glad you like Nude Awakening–it’s definitely my most used WnW palette. Way better than the other limited edition one . . . Going in the Wild or whatever it’s called.

I keep hearing about that elf balm!! I never order from the site & they don’t have it at my Target, but I’ll have to make an order next time they do one of those big sales.