23 Months

Over the weekend, our little Kennedy turned 23 months old. Guys, this means my little baby is almost TWO! I am just amazed at how fast this year has flown by and how big my little baby has gotten just recently. Her hair is much longer, her vocabulary is much bigger, and she is just turning into quite a little girl!

23months

Let’s just talk about this picture for a second. My heart has officially melted. Seriously. This is one of the many amazing pictures our friends Anne and John took for us over the weekend when we were visiting Greg’s parents in the Austin area. Consider this a sneak peek of our holiday family photos, as I will be posting about them more later this week!

So what is this little girl up to nowadays?

KENNEDY LATELY

• Favorite food is Goldfish. Still. She has become quite a picky eater, and it’s really hard to get her to eat vegetables, unless they are disguised (and sometimes she can even pick up on that). At least she loves fruit. And we give her multi-vitamins. I don’t give her a lot of juice, and I try to give her almond/coconut milk more than cow’s milk. Picky toddler eater tips welcome here, mamas. I am at a loss!
  • She is putting together sentences quite well, and repeats things you say. This really means we have to start watching our mouths.
  • Kennedy is really good at remembering names. It’s crazy. She knows her grandparents, aunts and uncles, friends, etc. Her teacher sent us a picture of her class dressed up in their costumes on Halloween, and when we pointed to each of the kids, she knew every single one of their names. Granted it was only like four other kids, but that’s still impressive!
  • Her favorite song right now is “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” sung by Jewel. Listening to Jewel singing it makes it a little more bearable.
  • Kennedy naps, most days, in the afternoon from 1.5-2 hours. Bedtime is around 8:00 (or earlier, depending on how well she napped). We had to push bedtime back because some days she will wake up from her nap around 4:30. She still sleeps great, and will wake up after 7:00 most of the time.
  • She knows all of her colors and lots of shapes. Her teachers seem to be impressed with this. I have no idea what milestones she should be hitting right about now.

DSC_6123

Aww. More cuteness! And can we just how miss Kennedy has grown? I can’t believe this was a year ago!!

23 month compare

And I’ll leave you with this gem. We haven’t decorated for Christmas yet, but we did bust out some Christmas movies and specials. Greg particularly loved this short movie, The Snowmangrowing up and he recently started showing it to Kennedy. If you haven’t seen it, you must watch it. The entire thing is on YouTube. Here it is, speaking of which.

The music is beautiful and it’s great for all ages as there is no dialogue. Kennedy loves it! The first couple of times they watched it together, he would give some narration along with it saying stuff like “Oh, look! It’s snowing!” “an owl!” “The boy made a snowman!” etc. Well, she is a parrot and repeats everything, and I mean everything. She now narrates the movie herself, and it is adorable. At the part where the snowman and the little boy fly to the north pole together, they show them flying over a boat where a party is going on (17:37-17:48) and a man looks up and sees them flying. He then looks at his champagne bottle. And, well, here’s Kennedy’s narration.

Moral of the story? Kids will repeat things, even if they’ve heard it once.

Like this post? Check out one of these!

ari @ whatarisaid
    November 19, 2013 at 8:05 am

Colors and shapes right now are great! To put it in perspective, I have some kids entering kindergarten that don’t know either. That’s not the norm, nor should it be since I feel like starting at a young age, kids are dying to learn and it’s so easy to teach them without feeling like you’re teaching them.. but it definitely sounds like Miss Kennedy is ahead of the game! Adorable, and I see so much of you in that first pic!

November 19, 2013 at 10:13 am

Well that’s great to hear! I basically have a genius!! Haha. Thank you so much for your sweet comment!

Lauren
    November 19, 2013 at 8:49 am

She is so cute! I think she looks just like you in that first pic!

November 19, 2013 at 10:12 am

Thank you so much! I get so many polar comments on who she looks like! Haha

Anne
    November 19, 2013 at 8:57 am

I’m very proud to say that first picture is a result of me dancing like an idiot in the O’s neighborhood. Can’t wait to see you guys again soon!

November 19, 2013 at 10:12 am

Yes it sure is!! You are obviously great at it because this pic is adorable!!!

November 19, 2013 at 10:47 am

I love her so much!

Stephanie
    November 19, 2013 at 10:57 am

Our little one just turned 1 and I can’t believe how fast the year went. Before I know, he will be two and then off to college 😉
    Your little girl is just too cute. Her eyes are amazing! Such an amazing color.
    And this pictures? So cute. I love the leggings. Too bad I can’t pull those off.

Aleshea
    November 19, 2013 at 11:15 am

Eeek, your daughter is sooo cute and these pics are fab. So you have a holiday baby. How do you like this. My sister was born two days before Christmas and she didn’t really like it growing up. It was always hard to do things or celebrate. So my parents started going all out for her half birthday and then she was less sad about it.

Ashley
    November 19, 2013 at 11:33 am

My goodness, she is CUTE! I know I say this so much, but seriously, she is so adorable. I have watched the video at the end several times, and the “he’s drunk” part makes me laugh out loud every time! So cute!

November 19, 2013 at 12:17 pm

She’s adorable!! I can’t believe she’s already so grown up!

Heather
    November 19, 2013 at 1:00 pm

I miss her!! She is so presh.

Amber
    November 19, 2013 at 2:08 pm

GO-FI!!! 🙂 She’s such a little doll. I love the dress she has on!

Jessica S
    November 19, 2013 at 4:47 pm

She’s adorable! Happy 23 months! Sounds like she is doing great, mine just turned 3, time goes by so fast!

jodi
    November 19, 2013 at 10:41 pm

That first picture is adorable. I love how she has her hands! Oh and the “he’s drunk” comment is too funny. Did she hear one of you guys say that while watching it? You have to be so careful what you say once they start talking. It does make for some funny moments.

Lisette
    November 20, 2013 at 7:34 am

She is adorable. And a little baby Einstein! Xoxo

Brooke Tollison
    November 20, 2013 at 9:50 am

What a great post! Wow almost TWO 🙂 Mine is a picky eater too more when she was younger (she’s 4 now), but now she is finally starting to try more things! Don’t give up!

Darby Hawley
    November 21, 2013 at 12:21 pm

How precious is that little girl of yours?!?! I swear with each picture you post I fall more in love with that cute kiddo! I feel like you just posted about her birthday, how is already time for the next birthday?! Congrats mamma, you’ve got a beautiful daughter!