I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser.
Today I’m so excited to bring you a makeup tutorial! It’s been a while, right? I’ve partnered with Rimmel London and #CollectiveBias to bring you a Retro Inspired Spring Makeup Look. Lately I’ve seen a lot of spring makeup looks that include pastel eye colors and frosty lips, definitely giving off a retro 1960s vibe to me. All over magazines, blogs, and YouTube, I can’t help but notice that bright and pastels are in. To me, that is some great #BeautyInspiration for this tutorial, and I really wanted to create something that was approachable and wearable for the every day woman. The main focus of this makeup look centers around two products, the Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation and the Rimmel Scandaleyes Retro Glam mascara, but all the products you will see in this tutorial today will be Rimmel! And what better way to bring it to 2014 than adding in a little Radiant Orchid to the eyes?
I purchased my Stay Matte foundation and my Scandaleyes Retro Glam mascara at Walmart. There’s a pretty awesome selection of Rimmel products available and they seem to carry most of everything that I love. I could pretty much buy the entire line of Rimmel and be a happy camper.
Now, let’s get to the tutorial, shall we? I put together some fun GIFs for you so you can see how I did it!
For a flawless face:
- Buff Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation into the face with a flat top kabuki brush. This gives a flawless and airbrushed application. This foundation provides amazing coverage (you guys have heard me sing its praises multiple times before!) so I don’t even need concealer when I apply it this way.
- Set the foundation with Rimmel Stay Matte Powder. I’m on my third or fourth pan of this stuff (and it looks like I will need some more soon). Dust it lightly around the skin with a big powder brush.
- Contour the face lightly with the Rimmel Natural Bronzer. This bronzer is great because it is matte and not too dark and/or orange-y.
For Bold Eyes & Frosty Lips:
- Fill in and sculpt brows with the Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil. I haven’t found a drugstore eyebrow pencil I’ve cared for until this one!
- Place a light frosty lilac eyeshadow color all over the lid, crease, inner corner, and browbone.
- Pat some mid-tone purple eyeshadow all over the eyelid.
- Blend a darker purple eyeshadow into the crease.
- Line the upper lash line and lower waterline with Rimmel Scandaleyes Eyeliner. This pencil liner is my favorite pencil liner ever. It is completely waterproof, while also easy to apply and smudge.
- Apply thick coats of Rimmel Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara. This mascara definitely gives lots of luscious volume with little effort. I love the brush shape!
- For the frosted lip look, apply Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer in Stargazer.
The Entire Tutorial:
But wait…. there’s more! What could be better than a giveaway for you guys? Rimmel is giving away 25 $50 gift baskets full of popular Rimmel products. Yep, you read that right. 25 winners! All you have to do is enter via the Rafflecopter widget below: