Motherhood

Greg Keeps it Smooth with Gillette

Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SmoothSummer #CollectiveBias

When it comes to your man’s facial hair, are you a fan of the scruff or the smooth? I must admit, I am a fan of the smooth. Lots of facial hair is too much, in my opinion. But hey, to each her own! I mean, just look at these smooth faces. Swoon.

Follow Krystal’s Kitsch’s board Smooth Faces of Summer on Pinterest.

For this post, Greg got to try the Gillette Fusion ProGlide Flexball Power. Normally he isn’t much of a willing participant on my blog but with a little cajoling on my part and how he got to benefit from it swayed him over. We had our big five year anniversary date coming up, and it was the perfect timing to get him nice and smooth!

Keeping Your Man Smooth with Gillette #SmoothSummer #shop #cbias

While daddy was working, Miss Kennedy and I headed out to Walmart to pick up the smooth supplies. I’m not well versed in the ways of men’s shaving products, but I do know the options are vast. I must admit, I did get a bit overwhelmed there on the men’s shaving aisle. How are there that many products just for a man’s face? Haha… I just realized how hypocritical that sounds considering how much makeup I own. Anyway, we picked up the Gillette Fusion ProGlide Power – the fanciest one they carry! I told Kennedy to smile for the picture and that’s what she did. I love her scrunchy face.

Gillette Flexball Razor #shop #cbias

Now here’s the fun part: getting Greg to pose for pictures. He said he would only pose if he could stand with his corn cob pipe. I have no idea when or where he got said corn cob pipe, but I suppose it emphasizes the “scruffy” in his before picture.

Gillette #SmoothSummer #shop #cbias

Time to get smooth. Kennedy was with her Memaw and Pepaw playing in the living room, so we actually had some time to ourselves to get ready for our date! While I was meticulously applying my makeup (and happily doing so uninterrupted), I snuck in some shots of him putting the Gillette razor to the test.

Gillette #SmoothSummer #shop #cbias

Lookin’ good there, Greg. I’d hit that. Says the pregnant lady. Greg said the razor worked well for him, bends easily, and got him a nice, close shave. I call that a success because he is sort of the opposite of me when it comes to describing and reviewing things he likes.

Gillette #SmoothSummer #shop #cbias

Aw, look at us, all ready for our date! Not only did Memaw and Pepaw help out watching Kennedy while we went out, Memaw even took our picture to document the occasion! Doesn’t Greg look handsome?

Gillette #SmoothSummer #shop #cbias

Oh, so smooth! I also told him to pose, and that’s what he did. Oh, Greg. Smooth, indeed. And if you didn’t think it could get any more smooth, check out this sweet video of Greg using the razor again the other night. He cracks me up.

Thank you, Gillette, for letting Greg experience the Flexball razor!

Jess Scull
    July 30, 2014 at 8:44 am

My husband tried this for the first time last week and loved it!

krystalskitsch
    July 30, 2014 at 8:47 am

I’m pretty excited that he has a corn cob pipe. I think I need to get my husband one! Also, I love this razor!

amy
    July 30, 2014 at 9:14 am

Greg’s photos are AMAZING! I love how he got all into the post! So cute.

Joel has never been the smooth shave type. For as long as I’ve known him he’s been rocking the beard (which is getting dangerously long). I love his beard (admittedly a bigger fan of it more trim and shorter), and would honestly be sooo sad if he shaved. He said he’s always been scruffy because clean shaven is too much for his sensitive skin.

I think every guy has a look that suits them best, and Greg definitely rocks the clean shaven!

Becca @ Becoming Adorrable
    July 30, 2014 at 10:25 am

I’m pretty sure this is the razor that is on display at Target, with a weird wavy moving display. Every time Tim sees it, he walks up to it, stares at it for a few seconds, and says “My face doesn’t move like that.”

Emily
    July 30, 2014 at 12:19 pm

GAH! Your daughter is too cute, I love her scrunchy face!!

It looks like the Flexball technology is working well for Greg. He looks very handsome. I hope your anniversary celebration was as smooth as his face! #client

Kristy
    July 30, 2014 at 3:00 pm

You crack me up! I’ll let the hubs know about this razor. 😉

Jill Barnett
    July 30, 2014 at 8:03 pm

This review is hilariously written!! 😛
    Btw I got my dress in the mail. It looks awful on me! I don’t have the boobs for it lol

kristine foley
    July 31, 2014 at 4:22 am

I love some scruff but when he has to be clean shaven we are trying these!

Kate Sbarra
    July 31, 2014 at 3:25 pm

That corn cob pipe though.

Your post cracked me up! 🙂

Heather
    August 1, 2014 at 12:09 am

Ummm your man candy board?! Amazing. Excited for my hubs to try this razor. Y’all look great!

Julie
    August 5, 2014 at 12:22 pm

That’s too funny with the corn cob pipe! But you two look great in your date picture!

August 6, 2014 at 10:26 am

Haha yes…. he has the weirdest stuff from college!! And thank you!