My Sweet Caroline is 3 months old today! I’m sitting here writing this post at 10:30 in order for it to be up in time, and I must admit that I am sleeeeeeeepy. I’m back at work and 5:45 is a pretty rough wake up call, especially if you’re used to having such good sleepers for children and not having to work for five months.
- Fitting in 3 month clothes (although some a little big)
- Wearing size 1 diapers, but we need to switch her to size 2. We just have a ton of size 1 diapers we need to get through.
- Taking a bottle fine at MDO, and is napping great there.
- Bottle fed pumped milk while I am away from her, and nursed when we are together. She is a champ at both. I’m so ecstatic that it’s going so strong.
- Starting to bust out of the swaddle a lot, so we may wean her from it soon.
- Very in tune with noises and voices.
- Neck control is getting very strong and will constantly look around the room to find voices and people.
- Always gets a comment about her full head of hair when we’re out in public. I love it!
- “Talking” – girlfriend is babbling so much now! She loves it when you look and talk to her. She wants to be included in the conversation.
- Blowing bubbles. So. precious.
- Kicking, kicking, and kicking her feet. She’s getting quite squirmy lately.
- Playing on her play mat
- Baths with her sister
- Big sister Kennedy, in general. She’s the bee’s knees.
- Getting her diaper changed
- Eye contact
- The car, sometimes.
- Being overtired. She is her fussiest when she is overtired.
Life as a Family with Two Working Parents:
- Just had her first week of “school” as mommy went back to work last week! She is going to a church Mother’s Day Out program that runs 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, and on the same school calendar as mine. I drop her off with my dad and stepmom at 6:45, they bring her to school, and then I pick her up from MDO in the afternoon. This week I will start bringing her back to school with me for rehearsal. I’m just glad she gets to be with me!
- Greg is in charge of Kennedy, who is at another school. We wish they could be together, but Kennedy’s school doesn’t have an infant class. Kennedy started out the school year at her MDO and has been going there since last year, and we didn’t want to switch her mid-year. Daddy is in charge of getting Kennedy to and from school, and I am in charge of Caroline. Divide and conquer is the name of our game. It hasn’t been terrible as of yet, but we’ll let you know later on in the year…
- There’s a loooooot more moving parts when it comes to getting everyone where they need to be on time. Prep the night before is absolutely crucial. My lunch, Kennedy’s lunch, Caroline’s milk, pumping, freezing breastmilk, setting out everyone’s outfit, making sure the diaper bag / work bag / backpack has what it needs, etc. etc. There is no room for error or skimping the night before, otherwise we will be a hot mess in the morning.
How Caroline is Growing:
Happy Monday! Hope your week is off to a great start. If you have a moment, send some good vibes that we get through week 2 of work swimmingly. I have next week off for Thanksgiving and I can’t wait!