My tiny little baby is half a year old today. Say what? It really is faster with the second baby. I feel like i just blinked and she’s 6 months old!! Time, seriously slow down.
- We’ve had a lot of new things happen this past month!
- She was 14 lbs 1 oz last week at the doctor.
- Wearing 3-6 month old clothes (although small), fits comfortably in 6 months, but can still fit in a few 3 month onesies. I think she’s pretty petite!
- Still in size 3 diapers.
- It was kind of weird, but she got cradle cap a few weeks ago. I thought this happened in newborns, but I guess not. Her scalp started flaking quite a bit. I rubbed some extra virgin coconut oil all over her scalp, let it sit for about 2 hours and then brushed through it with a soft baby brush. Then I gave her a bath and washed her hair and the flakes were gone!
- I talked about it a little bit on this post, but basically Caroline got sent home from daycare because she was super fussy, had a little rash, and had a fever. Turns out she had an ear infection and a little viral respiratory thing, which caused the little rash as a side effect. Things seem fine and 6 days later, she’s getting sent home again because of a very loose diaper and the rash is back. We go back to the doctor to learn that the ear infection is gone but the rash is now eczema. It was a pretty bad flare up, and she had scratched the back of her head raw. We got some medicine and lotion to help with the eczema and stopped antibiotics because it was likely messing with her tummy at that point.
- To top it all off, Caroline sprouted her first tooth that day she was sent home the second time. And got another one the next day!
- Still is breastfed, and is eating quite a bit more!
- We started a few solids a few days ago. She’s had some avocado and oatmeal. She didn’t really know what to think of the avocado, but the oatmeal was a little more palatable for her because I mixed it with breastmilk. We sat pieces of the avocado down on the high chair to see if she would pick them up and eat them. So I guess we are doing a mixture of Baby Led Weaning and spoon feeding.
- Still using this swaddle blanket, but one arm is out. I am probably going to take the other arm out this week. Kennedy weaned from the swaddle way earlier, but it seems like Caroline really likes it. The blanket can be used up to 18 pounds, but since she can roll over, I have an arm out.
- Bedtime is still at 7:00, and sometimes earlier if she has an earlier afternoon nap. This really is the best for her. On Sunday, she slept til 5:45, ate, and went back to bed til 9:00! CRAZY.
- Sleep has been off and on with being good and bad. I guess it just depends on if she’s sprouting a tooth or feeling bad! Understandably so. Luckily, she’s super easy to put to bed.
- She’s been super grabby lately. She grabs faces, hair, toys, and pretty much anything you have in your hands.
- Caroline has a sweet little personality. She still “sings” like Mariah Carey and thinks her big sis is the funniest thing ever.
- She is also a little sensitive. I have a feeling she’s going to get her feelings hurt a lot when she grows older. Haha! After all, we are talking about the child who cried actual tears at 2 weeks old. Just the other day, I was trying to get her to sit up on her own (almost there!) and she toppled over onto her blanket and then got so mad at me. It was actually pretty cute.
Happy 6 months, sweet Caroline! We love you!