Friday Updates // Into July

Happy Friday, friends! Remember how I said I was going to start giving you guys random updates on Friday and then totally dropped the ball last week? I am just going to go ahead and blame it on the 4th of July. But really though, how are we into July right now? Crazy talk.

It Cosmetics

The It Cosmetics Motherload // It Cosmetics sent me an amazing collection of products and tools. I practically hyperventilated when I opened this package. I felt really legit. Like, they wanted to send this to lil ol’ me?!?!?! I filmed a video of me using all of these products and hope to get it up soon. It kind of is a hot mess because Kennedy comes into the frame and wants to make her own video, and then Greg comes in at one point. Haha!

Dashboard Confessional & Third Eye Blind Concert

Dashboard Confessional aka College Nostalgia // Katie invited me to be her date at the Dashboard Confessional and Third Eye Blind concert. Whitney met us there and we sat in some awesome seats with a great view. The concert was so much fun! Everyone there was totally our age and there for the nostalgia. Fun fact: Katie and I have been to countless concerts together when we were in high school and college. We loved us some punk, ska, emo, etc. We have probably seen Less Than Jake perform 15 times and been out at Numbers way too late than high school girls should be. It was only fitting we saw Dashboard together. I literally sang along to every song (well, the ones that were released during my college years) and my goodness, I felt old.  Especially yelling the lyrics, “We’re not 21 – but the sooner we are, the sooner the fun will begin – so get out your fake eyelashes and fake IDs – and real disasters ensue….” Any other diehard old school Dashboard fans around?

Entryway Redo

Home Decor Refresh // Since I’m home so much during the summer, I get the itch to work on stuff around the house. I refreshed our entryway, and here’s a little peak at it. It somehow took this shabby chic turn and I am digging it. We are getting recessed lighting in our kitchen next week and I am pumped for it. I am also refreshing our master. We’re hitting up Ikea tomorrow and I have my shopping list all ready to go!

Beach Playdate

Beachin’ It // Yesterday, we headed out to Galveston for a beach playdate! We met Lauren and Michelle and their kiddos. It was tons of fun. We went to a pocket park, which let us park our cars on the beach and it was not crowded at all. Kennedy (my scaredy cat) ended up warming up to the water and put her feet in it, and even sat down at the shoreline. She is becoming more brave and I am very proud of her! Caroline, on the other hand, is my daredevil. Girlfriend would have swam away if I let her. I spent a lot of time making sure she wouldn’t eat sand or swim away into oblivion. She thought it was so awesome and every time I scooped her up, she got this mischievous look on her face. Thank you, Lauren for taking these pictures (also, go check out her blog – she is super sweet)! I have a feeling we’ll be heading there more often, as it’s only about a 30 minute drive and everyone had so much fun.

Happy Friday! Hope y’all have a fantastic weekend!

Anne
    July 10, 2015 at 8:29 am

How wonderful!

July 10, 2015 at 9:35 am

Miss you my love!!!

Kristy
    July 10, 2015 at 9:15 am

You got all of that makeup?! You are LEGIT. 😉 I can’t wait to see the video.
    The home decor is looking beautiful. What is that you have there that your flower pot is sitting on? Super cute.
    And Dashboard was the best, wasn’t it?! I talked about it in my post today, too. Great minds!
    I’m super bummed that I live so far from y’all. The beach sounded fun, but an hour and 15 minute drive didn’t sound so fun for some little person going through a growth spurt. Hopefully we can hang out soon.
    Xoxo!

July 10, 2015 at 9:33 am

I bought a marble pastry board for blog photos and because I thought it was pretty. I got it off amazon here: http://amzn.to/1HSjXzH (full disclosure, affiliate link because it is shorter and easier to link to, lol). It ended up looking so awesome on the entry buffet table, I am going to keep it there! I just saw your post this morning and we are Dashboard twinkies!! Haha. I wish you could have joined us, but I TOTALLY understand the long drive thing. It’s tough!! We will definitely need to do something more centrally located soon!

Hannah
    July 10, 2015 at 12:36 pm

Looking forward to that video! And what a good idea for the marble pastry board!

We did the beach for the first time with the twins and they loved it. Gracie was like Caroline and would have swam away. Cason was more interested in exploring the beach and getting into everyone’s stuff. lol I’d love to take them on my own right now, but I’d need to put a leash on them…it’ scares me a little. ha!

July 10, 2015 at 12:42 pm

Yes, I am loving the marble board as a backdrop for photos! I was getting tired of using white poster board, and this has been a great solution, as it doesn’t flop around and looks very chic. Haha, gotta love that the kiddos are opposites – definitely keeps us on our toes!!

Stephanie
    July 10, 2015 at 1:47 pm

Great photos! She looks like she is having so much fun at the beach!!! 🙂 SO cute!

Shayna
    July 11, 2015 at 10:24 pm

Y’all are only 30 minutes from the beach!? I am super jealous!! That would be a super fun play date though! & makes them babies sleep good after!! LOL!

What's in Mama's Beach Bag
    July 15, 2015 at 7:00 am

[…] mentioned in last Friday’s post how we did our first beach trip of the summer last week. I went with Lauren, Michelle, and our […]