Motherhood

Caroline’s First Birthday Photo Shoot

A few weeks ago, Ailee came over and took some photos for us. Ailee and I have been following each other’s blogs for a while and we were finally able to meet at a play date over the summer! She is so sweet and gorgeous with an equally sweet and gorgeous little girl named Isla. Ailee recently starting pursuing photography full time, and she has been so busy because she is extremely talented. I absolutely love her artistic eye and knack for photographing children.

The week leading up to the first birthday photo shoot was a kind of (read: very) life-altering because I accepted a new job and Greg had a lot going on, as well. My new job orientation forced us to reschedule, and Greg ended up not being able to come to the photo shoot. With all the crazy things going on in our family, the photo shoot was the last thing on my mind, to be honest. I could have planned this all out a little better and it would have been nice to have Greg there to help get them to look at the camera and smile, but we still got stunning photos that I will forever cherish. I love them! I am hardly in photos with both of the girls (unless it is a selfie), so I will take no smiles and hair in faces.

Ailee drove down to my neck of the wood and we shot the photos at this charming park very close to our house. Even though it was 7:30 a.m., I pretty much melted immediately. August photo shoots in Houston are no joke!

Since we were without daddy, I really wanted this to be about Caroline, with some sister and mommy stuff thrown in. I think we definitely accomplished that. I didn’t want props or anything. The only “prop” thing we did was a little cupcake smash, which turned out adorable! Caroline loves food so I knew it would go down awesome. And who doesn’t love photos of babies covered in cake and icing? If only the same could be said for adults.

Anyway, here are some of my favorites!

Caroline's First Birthday Photo ShootCaroline's First Birthday Photo ShootCaroline's First Birthday Photo ShootCaroline's First Birthday Photo ShootCaroline's First Birthday Photo ShootCaroline's First Birthday Photo ShootCaroline's First Birthday Photo ShootCaroline's First Birthday Photo ShootCaroline's First Birthday Photo ShootCaroline's First Birthday Photo ShootCaroline's First Birthday Photo Shoot

If you are in the Houston area and need a photographer, definitely get in touch with Ailee! She’s great with kids and families! We definitely will be doing this again for our fall family photos. Thank you, Ailee, for coming all the way down to our neck of the wood so early and sweating with us!

JKThomas87
    August 18, 2015 at 9:48 am

The are just absolutely perfect! Love, love, love them all. How sweet to have some special mommy & daughter/sister photographs to remember this stage of life. I love the little “One” outfit! And what beautiful blue eyes! Your girls (and their momma too!!!) are just precious.

August 18, 2015 at 7:33 pm

Thank you!!! You are too sweet 🙂

Darby Hawley
    August 18, 2015 at 11:42 am

Seriously, you have the most beautiful girls! These pictures are great, but I just love the one with you and your precious girls. What a treasured moment 🙂

August 18, 2015 at 7:31 pm

Thank you so much!!!!

Amy
    August 18, 2015 at 12:54 pm

Beautiful. I just watched your video for Caroline you posted on Facebook and got teary eyed. Your family is sooo beautiful, I’m so happy for you guys that you’re entering a new chapter with less work stress and more family balance! Also… that photo shoot of your family when Caroline was younger… I still get heart eyes over it. The light in those photos are pure magic!

August 18, 2015 at 7:30 pm

Aww thank you so much!! And yes, I still adore the photos we did in November with our good friend… those are some we will cherish! Thank you so much for your sweet words…we are so excited to jump into this new season!!!

aileepetrovic
    August 18, 2015 at 5:45 pm

I absolutely adore you and your precious girls. It was an honor to shoot such a gorgeous group of ladies, and I hope I get to see you three again ASAP. Also, I WILL write that email to you tonight (yup, I’m the worst). Love you!! xoxo

August 18, 2015 at 7:21 pm

And we adore you!!! Thank you again!!! xoxo

Rachel
    August 18, 2015 at 8:07 pm

Oh my goodness, the cake ones are precious! All three of you look great. 🙂

Shayna
    August 18, 2015 at 9:59 pm

So precious!! Love them!!

tawnyafaust
    August 18, 2015 at 10:18 pm

OH my goodness! All these photos are so sweet!! You have a couple of precious little gals, meg! and of course, Ailee is so talented!!

chelsea jacobs
    August 19, 2015 at 9:45 am

I love her outfits!!!

Kristy Moreno
    August 20, 2015 at 10:43 am

Sweet Caroline, you are just too cute for words! Ailee did such a great job. I can’t wait to get her to take some pictures of C, too. I remember meeting Caroline when she was just an itty bitty baby at Blog Elevated like it was yesterday. So fun getting to watch her grow up. Love all of you ladies!