Ahhhh, that post-conference invigoration. I just attended Thrive Blog Conference this past weekend, and I am feeling rejuvenated and inspired. I am ready to take on the blogging world and try as hard as I can to accomplish my goals!
If you’ve ever been to a blog conference, you know the feeling. Your head is spinning from all the people you met, the knowledge you gained, and the ideas that are now swirling around.
Blog conferences are good for the soul, no matter how seasoned you are.
Now that I’ve had a couple of days to let all this stew, I wanted to talk about my most important takeaway.
Bottom line, it’s the key to growing your blog’s influence.
[bctt tweet=”Community. Bottom line, it’s the key to growing your blog’s influence.”]
You can have hundreds of thousands of pageviews. You can have a large social media following. You can even be working with brands and making money.
Here’s the thing. You can only grow so much by yourself. And what’s the point if no one else is invested in you?
Once you approach the blogging game with a mind of community, you’ll grow as an influencer. Once you give back and invest in others, it returns two fold back to you. You won’t ever feel alone in this blogging world.
When I walked into the conference this past weekend, not only did I know so many of the women in the room (including with the speakers), I could confidently say that they are all a factor in where I am today. My friends. The people I look up to and respect. My mentors. They are my community. And the new folks I got to meet at Thrive this weekend are my community, too.
But really, what do I mean when I say “community”? How can we, as bloggers, grow it? Your community is the people who are invested in YOU and care about you – it is also the people you care about in return.
Our communities are key to helping the influence of our blogs. Luckily, there are tangible things that you can start doing now to grow! The great thing is these people can be anywhere in the world.
How can we grow our blogs through our community?
- Reach out to other bloggers in your niche, even if it’s to say hi and admit your girl crush.
- Find like minded people and love on them.
- Get together and help each other with photos for upcoming blog posts.
- Plan a collaboration day (or even weekend)! Use the time to help each other create killer content – whether it’s photos, brainstorming sessions, social media scheduling, etc.
- Celebrate the successes of other bloggers.
- Promote other bloggers’ content. Share on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
- Share your brand contacts, especially with those who are a good fit.
- Treat your readers like friends. Respond to comments and questions (I’m trying to get better at this!).
- Make a small Facebook group. Use it as a place to learn and grow together.
- Decide to write on a certain topic and link to each other’s blog posts.
- Do a video collaboration – make one together or separate ones on the same topic.
- Start an Instagram chat loop.
- Do a Pinterest pin loop – commit to pinning X amount of pins from each other per day.
There’s so much more you can do, but here’s a starting point.
I’m so thankful for opportunities like Thrive to bring us together and remind us that there is room for us all to have success in our blogs. It leaves me feeling refreshed and empowered. Now, let’s take this blogging world by storm… together!
Most photos courtesy of Meg Cady.