Beauty Videos

How to Contour (and make it look natural)

This post contains affiliate links. View my full disclosure policy for more information.

I asked you all on Facebook what makeup tutorial you wanted to see next, and the majority of you all said how to contour! I definitely am super excited about this video because contouring can be difficult to master. There are endless amounts of how to contour tutorials out there. You can contour with creams, or powders, or a mixture of both.

How to Contour (and make it look natural) by beauty blogger Meg O. On The Go

It’s kind of hard to navigate through the tutorials to find something that seems easy and doable. I feel like my method is perfect for every day wear, and it’s very natural.

The four makeup products you need for how to contour are:

1. A concealer that is 2 shades lighter than your skin tone
  2. Light/translucent setting powder for the concealer (this can be a part of your contour palette)
  3. A bronzer (preferably matte) – this is usually warmer toned
  4. A contour powder (could be part of your contour palette) – this is usually more cool toned

Obviously after that, you’ll want a blush and a highlighter… and those are totally to your preference!

In this video, we’ve got two things going on. One, I talk about my favorite products that I would recommend for how to contour. I even have 2 drugstore recommendations! Two, after the product talk, I jump straight into the tutorial, where I demonstrate how I highlight and contour most days. If you want to see the demo, skip ahead to 3:40 in the video.

This video is a little longer just because I go pretty in depth and recommend a lot of different products!

Products Mentioned / Used in the Tutorial:

I hope this helped you to learn how to contour!

How to contour and make it look natural - this contour tutorial is perfect for every day looks. Natural and realistic, while still giving you chiseled and defined features!

Chasity @ Haute Mommy Blog
    March 7, 2016 at 10:52 am

I’ve been waiting for this ever since you asked on Facebook. Thanks!!!

March 9, 2016 at 11:43 pm

Yay! I’m glad you like it!!

Ayesha
        November 14, 2016 at 8:50 am

Hiii thumbs up …. Learnt so much … Thanks

Elena
    March 7, 2016 at 12:03 pm

Can I contour without concealer and foundation? I don’t like a lot of stuff on my face, usually use just blush. So I was thinking to use one of the palettes and contour too.

March 9, 2016 at 11:44 pm

I don’t see why not! You could just bronze the face and then contour the cheeks, temples, and jawline! Then maybe use one of the lighter powders in one of the palettes to highlight a bit under the eyes.

tiffanyatouchofgrace
    March 7, 2016 at 12:49 pm

How do you remember all the names of these products girl! I don’t even remember the name of the one pink shadow I’ve used for 3 years! This was super helpful. You’re making me want to try new things with my makeup.

March 9, 2016 at 11:45 pm

Haha I have no earthly idea. I guess it’s part of the job description and obsession…. remember all the names! I’m glad I could be helpful! Thank you for your sweet comment 🙂

Valentina | The Baking Fairy
    March 8, 2016 at 9:25 pm

YES this is so helpful! I love that you included the cheap drugstore versions too haha. I still can’t see myself doing this daily but this is a perfect tutorial for when I want to look extra sharp. Yay! Thank you!

March 9, 2016 at 11:47 pm

Yay! So glad that this was helpful! Yeah, I go into great detail here, and once you get it down it really doesn’t take that much time. But just bronzing up the face really helps with dimension when you are in a pinch!

Lindsay (@itssimplylinds)
    March 9, 2016 at 8:36 am

I love your video!! You make it look so easy and accessible : )

March 9, 2016 at 11:48 pm

Thank you so much!! I’m glad it was helpful!!

The Best Drugstore Concealers
    April 25, 2016 at 7:00 am

[…] Maybelline Fit Me Concealer // This is my absolute favorite drugstore concealer, not to mention overall favorite concealer. It is holy grail status! It has a blendable consistency, with buildable coverage. It has a natural finish, it stays put, and it doesn’t crease! I have it in two shades – one for highlighting and another for covering blemishes. I constantly repurchase this and use it almost every single day, especially for highlighting! Here’s a tip on how to use a highlighting concealer under your eyes – make sure you apply it in an upside down triangle under the eye. I then use it to highlight around the face, per what I do in my contour tutorial. […]

Krystynn