I asked you all on Facebook what makeup tutorial you wanted to see next, and the majority of you all said contouring! I definitely am super excited about this video because contouring can be difficult to master. There are endless amounts of contouring tutorials out there. You can contour with creams, or powders, or a mixture of both.
It’s kind of hard to navigate through the tutorials to find something that seems easy and doable. I feel like my method is perfect for every day wear, and it’s very natural.
The four makeup products you need for this method are:
- A concealer that is 2 shades lighter than your skin tone
- Light/translucent setting powder for the concealer (this can be a part of your contour palette)
- A bronzer (preferably matte) – this is usually warmer toned
- A contour powder (could be part of your contour palette) – this is usually more cool toned
Obviously after that, you’ll want a blush and a highlighter… and those are totally to your preference!
In this video, we’ve got two things going on. One, I talk about my favorite products that I would recommend for contouring. I even have 2 drugstore recommendations! Two, after the product talk, I jump straight into the tutorial, where I demonstrate how I highlight and contour most days. If you want to see the demo, skip ahead to 3:40 in the video.
This video is a little longer just because I go pretty in depth and recommend a lot of different products!
Products Mentioned / Used in the Tutorial:
- Kat Von D Shade + Light Contour Palette
- Wet n Wild MegaGlo Contour Palette
- L’Oreal Infallible Contour Palette
- Colourpop Cosmetics Highlighter in Lunch Money
- Maybelline Fit Me Concealer
- Beauty Blender
- ELF Studio Blush Brush
- MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural
- Nars Ita Brush Knockoff that I can’t find anymore. Maybe buy the real thing on eBay?
- Real Techniques Contour Brush in the Core Collection
- MAC Melba Blush
- Real Techniques Setting Brush
I hope this helped you in your contouring endeavors!