I Did WHAT to My Face?! My Real and Honest Experience with Botox and Fillers

Disclosure: Thank you to Suzanne Bruce & Associates in Houston, TX for partnering with me on this post.

Today, we’re talking about something that seems to not be talked about very much. Today, I’m going there. We’re discussing fillers… and Botox! It seems like this subject is very hush hush, especially around women in their thirties. Get on YouTube and you’ll see a slew of twenty-somethings filling their lips a la Kylie Jenner, but where are the thirty-somethings who want real, natural results?

I’m 33 years old, and while I feel like I look great for my age, I definitely have a few things I’d like to correct. My biggest peeve about my face is the lines around my mouth. I feel like it ages me at least 5 years, although I am my worst critic.

Now, I am not an insecure person at all. I am very confident in who I am both on the inside and the outside. I think it takes this kind of mentality before you even consider getting “work” done. You don’t want to have any unrealistic expectations, and you have to still want to look like yourself.

I worked with Dr. Katz from Suzanne Bruce & Associates here in Houston, and I vlogged the entire experience! I am hoping to get rid of some of the stigma behind these kinds of treatments, and I am also hoping to help you make an educated decision if it was something you are considering.

Below I will leave video markers so you can skip around in the video if need be. But… you have to play the video in order to see my official before and after pictures! And these pictures are straight from the doctor’s office so you can see the real results in the same exact lighting and angle.

Video Markers

• First Consult: 2:49
  • Thoughts After First Consult: 3:05
  • Appointment Day: 6:26
  • Procedure: 7:49-8:21
  • Immediately After Procedure: 8:33
  • 2 Hours After Procedure: 9:35
  • Day 2: 10:12
  • Day 3: 11:37
  • 2 Weeks After & Final Thoughts: 12:17
  • Before & After Photos: 16:09

What I got done

• Juvederm Ultra in the lips
  • Juvederm Ultra Plus around the mouth
  • Tiny amounts of Botox at the top of the forehead, crows feet, and between the brows

Did it hurt? I was completely numb, and the parts on my face didn’t hurt. I was not numb in the spots where I got Botox and that didn’t hurt. The only part that was uncomfortable was the lips. It wasn’t horrible, but do remember I’m not afraid of needles and have a pretty high pain tolerance.

How long was recovery? I was fully healed in one week. The swelling went down in a few days, but the bruising remained until about a full week. I was able to put on makeup (lots of concealer) and go out in public within the next two days.

Dr. Tracy Katz of Suzanne Bruce & Associates - Houston, TX

Dr. Katz was so amazing! I highly recommend her to any of my Houston friends who need a dermatologist! Love her!

And, as you can see, my results are very natural and realistic. I’m so happy with the way it all turned out.

My experience from fillers and botox was a really positive one! My results are very natural and beautiful!

Thanks again to:

Suzanne Bruce and Associates, PA
1900 Saint James Place #600
Houston, TX 77056
(713) 850-0240

The Ashmores Blog
    October 25, 2016 at 12:54 pm

LOVED the video!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fabulous job friend!

October 25, 2016 at 11:00 pm

Thank you so much, girl!!

Nikki
    October 25, 2016 at 3:24 pm

You look fab girl, I mean you looked great before too! I’ve always been curious about fillers. Working in a dermatology clinic now has me looking at that stuff even more, unfortunately none of our doctors do fillers…yet!

October 25, 2016 at 11:00 pm

Thank you so much!! Oh I bet it’s so fun to work in dermatology – I find that all so fascinating!!

Tiffany
    October 25, 2016 at 3:40 pm

Great video Meg. One of my girlfriends just got botox around her mouth, forehead and crows feet and she loves it. She didn’t have much bruising at all.
    You are a brave woman to vlog this whole experience.

October 25, 2016 at 10:59 pm

I really love my results! I think there are so many stigmas around this.. that you’re gonna look like a Kardashian or Real Housewife if you do it. I actually enjoyed vlogging the whole experience… haha!

October 25, 2016 at 10:59 pm

And thank you for your sweet comment!

Kelsey
    October 25, 2016 at 8:56 pm

Thank you!! I love how you covered this. I didn’t realize it would bruise like that, but it was nice to see it already start to clear up by day 3. Thanks for doing this, I think more people need to see others doing this kind of thing so it becomes less of a “taboo” subject.

October 25, 2016 at 10:56 pm

Yeah, I didn’t know it would be that much bruising, either! I also took Arnica pills (some herbal supplement that supposedly helps with bruising) and put the arnica cream on my face too. I appreciate your comment!! I hope this definitely becomes less taboo!

Lisette
    November 25, 2016 at 7:13 pm

WOW, girl! You look amazing! I never ever thought I would consider lip fillers (because like you I do NOT like the Kardashian/Housewife look!) but your after looks so natural that now I’m rethinking it. Thanks for vlogging and blogging this! You were gorgeous before, but the small tweaks are so, so good!

Dermatologist in Houston Treats Blogger | Suzanne Bruce and Associates | SBA Skincare Blog
    December 21, 2016 at 5:27 pm

[…] Meg is a good example of the patients who come to Suzanne Bruce and Associates for nonsurgical facial rejuvenation. In her blog, […]

2016 Year in Review + Reader Survey
    December 28, 2016 at 7:01 am

[…] Botox & Fillers vlog was so much fun to put together! It was definitely a popular post and video around here. It […]

Skincare in Your 30s: A Q&A with a Dermatologist | Meg O. on the Go
    May 5, 2017 at 7:00 am

[…] a series with Suzanne Bruce & Associates. If you don’t remember, I worked with them on my Botox and fillers video and I had the most amazing experience with their office.  Dr. Katz is, indeed, my dermatologist, […]

Malaysia Healthcare
    May 17, 2017 at 8:48 am

Wow,what a great video and so very interesting! You looks absolutely fabulous! 😀