A Photo an Hour: January 2017

It’s been such a long time since I’ve done one of these posts! I was looking back on my blog, and the last time I wrote a post like this was when I was on maternity leave after I had Caroline! Want to take down memory lane? Check these out: October 2014 • January 2014 • January 2014 • June 2013

The idea behind my photo an hour posts is just to take a photo every hour of your day. This isn’t about taking gorgeous photos (although I was playing around with my new camera and shot one image with it for this post), but about capturing each moment of your day. I keep saying that I want to incorporate more personal things and glimpses into my daily life on my blog, and this is the perfect way to do so. I love the idea of doing this once a month, so now that I’ve said it, I’ve got to hold myself accountable.

So, come along with me. Let’s check out what happened on Monday, January 22.

8:15 a.m.

a photo an hour 1/22/17 8:15 am

This one is my alarm clock, and I’m really thankful she sleeps past 8:00 a.m. most days. I am a complete night owl (I get a lot of work done in the evenings, you’ll see) and hate early mornings.

9:25 a.m.

a photo an hour 1/22/17 9:25 am

I didn’t manage to get myself dressed but I always manage to get these two to school on time. For those of you who are new around here, I teach junior high theatre part-time and blog part-time. I work every afternoon from 12-4, so my girls go to an MDO program five days a week. I have a babysitter bring them home after their school is over and she leaves when I get home from work. This schedule works really well for our family.

10:30 a.m.

a photo an hour 1/22/17 10:15 am

Because I do blog part-time, I try to get all of that work done when my kids are in school or are asleep. I’ve made it a priority to not work when everyone’s home. I am upstairs in my office, playing around with my new camera. I just upgraded to the Canon 80D and could not be happier. It’s got everything I need for my videos and photos. I snapped this photo while playing with my camera settings. I love this mug that my sweet Canadian friend, Renee, gave me for Christmas!

11:30 a.m.

a photo an hour 1/22/17 11:30 a.m.

My thought is it doesn’t matter what time the bed gets made – at least I made it. I really think it makes me feel more put together! I also like to make Greg think I have it together in some aspects of my life.

12:45 p.m.

a photo an hour 1/22/17 12:30 pm

Now I’m at work! I am getting ready to start directing Aladdin with my students, so we are watching bits of the Disney movie! Auditions are next week and they’re already nervous. Haha.

1:45 p.m.

a photo an hour 1/22/17 1:30 p.m.

Spending my conference period catching up on a little email.

2:45 p.m.

a photo an hour 1/22/17 2:30 pm

Snuck this picture to give you a glimpse of what I wore. These are my go-to skinny pants (seriously, they’re so amazing!! So slimming and flattering) and I’m wearing them with a light chambray top and cognac ankle booties.

4:05 p.m.

Pulled into the driveaway as I got home and snapped a quick selfie! My lipstick isn’t looking hot, but I love these Quay sunnies I got for Christmas!

5:00 p.m.

Time to start the after school routine of tidying up, child wrangling and cooking dinner. Why is it that kids ask for FIVE MILLION SNACKS and then suck at eating dinner?

6:00 p.m.

Dinner. Spaghetti squash with a meat sauce.I swear it didn’t take an hour to make, haha. Greg and I are on our second round Whole 30 right now, and we are close to the end!

7:00 p.m.

Caroline cuddles! She’s definitely a mama’s girl.

8:00 p.m.

A super grainy picture in the dark. We’ve started doing group bedtimes and while these two are so cute, it’s a bit of a hassle! They giggle and wiggle and don’t actually calm down. Haha.

9:00 p.m.

Time to shower and get ready for bed. So I suppose that calls for some sort of strange-faced mirror selfie. Oh hey, cool dirty mirror and cluttered bathroom.

10:00 p.m. 12:15 a.m.

My view for the next couple of hours. I would keep taking pictures every hour, but why would you want to see 2 more pictures of the same spot? Haha! Like I said before, I do all of my blog and Pinterest work either in the morning or at night! I sometimes wonder if I work 1.5 jobs between my teaching gig and blogging. But hey, I love my gigs and I love that I am also present for my family.

I hope you enjoyed getting a glimpse into my day! I think I’ll make this series a habit again!

The Ashmores Blog
    January 25, 2017 at 12:16 pm

ahhhhh I love that you did this post!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE it all friend!!

Tabitha Blue
    January 31, 2017 at 12:51 pm

Love this kind of post! I used to do a similar thing called currently…. and it was a look at my day. It’s been awhile for me too, maybe time to break it out, old school 😉 xoxo

January 31, 2017 at 1:57 pm

Yes! You need to do another one! I’d love to see it!!!