Disclosure: I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser.
Today I bring you a sparkly smoky eye tutorial that is inspired by the Walgreens Holiday Guide. What’s even better is that there is a video tutorial in this post! Get excited!
If you know me, you know that I am constantly checking out Walgreens’ beauty aisles for deals. It’s one of the only places I shop for my drugstore beauty needs because they tend to have the best deals and coupons that I can find! And you bet your sweet britches, when Revlon goes 40% off I stock up on my Colorstay foundation.
For this post, my mission was to pick up the Walgreens Holiday Guide in store, shop, and create a beauty look inspired by the holiday guide. One thing I will say is that I always pick up the monthly coupon book when I arrive to Walgreens to see what kinds of coupons I can score. I always ending up finding pretty great stuff.
It was awesome to see that Walgreens put out a Holiday Guide with a ton of coupons at the back of it. This guide provided a lot of inspiration to create my look! Just take a look for yourself at the super fun pages with great ideas. Here are a few pages that I drew inspiration for my look from, along with the coupons I redeemed!
Immediately I was drawn to the Wet ‘n Wild eyeshadows. I own almost all of the eye palettes, and I seriously think they are some of the best drugstore eyeshadows I’ve ever tried. The ‘Walking on Eggshells’ trio is simply amazing and I probably would be okay using it every single day for the rest of my life – that’s how much I love it. Since my mission was to create a holiday look, the new Fergie palettes looked like a lot of fun. I decided on this super gold/taupe smoky palette and thought it would be great to create a look focused around the eye.
The products I chose for this look:
1. Kiss Lashes KPL05: The perfect way to complete the eye look and take it to super glam level. These are a little thick and holiday ready.
2. L’Oreal Lash Out Butterfly Mascara: Something I’ve wanted to try
3. Wet ‘n Wild Fergie Centerstage Collection Palette in Metropolitan Nights: The perfect holiday sparkly palette and the focus of this look.
4. L’Oreal Visible Lift Blush in Rose Gold Lift: I was drawn to this rose gold color and thought it would be a great way to emphasize my complexion without overdoing it. It’s a cream-to-powder formula which is really easy to use and forgiving.
5. Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer in Stargazer: Instead of a muted nude lip, I thought this sparkly gold nude would kick this look up a notch. Remember, if you are doing a smoky eye, be sure to keep it simple on the lips.
Now let’s get to the good part! I hope you enjoy. I tried to make the tutorial really quick and easy! If you have any questions, be sure to leave them in the comments!