Sweet Caroline is 2 months old today! Who loves this baby? I do, I do, I do-oo!
- I have no idea what she weighs, as she hasn’t been weighed since she was two weeks old. She didn’t go to the doctor when she turned 1 month. But I imagine she’s put on some weight. I mean, look at those thighs!
- All of a sudden, she started fitting into 3 month clothes this week. Wow.
- Wearing size 1 diapers
- She gave me her first real smile when she was about 6 weeks old. I caught it on camera here. Can we say heart melt?!
- She is vocalizing and cooing a whole lot. She loves to look into your eyes and say “ah-goooooo!” Next week she will be reciting Shakespearean sonnets.
- Still sporting that full head of dark, curly hair. She’s a hair model in training. I think it’s going to be lighter, because there are lots of golden highlights, her roots seem to look lighter, and her eyebrows are blonde.
- Looking around and being able to see what’s going on. Many people comment on how alert she is. When she’s awake, she’s wide eyed!
- Being talked to and paid attention to. She doesn’t like it when you look away (happens often when big sister is around).
- Human interaction. She is basically loving it. Talk to her, sing to her, look at her, hold her.
- Her 4Moms Rockaroo
- Baths with her sister. We just tried this last week and it was pretty fun, although a lot of work.
- Her swaddle for naps and night time
- White noise
- Taking walks in the stroller with big sister and being outside
- Being ignored
- Being overtired. That is a very unhappy time. That mostly happens in the evenings.
- Being hungry.
- Dude, I hate being all of those things, too.
- Caroline is still exclusively breastfed. She is doing great at it and eats every couple of hours. She seems to be spacing her feedings out more now. Caroline hasn’t really been one to be overly obsessive about being on the boob, and she hasn’t really cluster fed yet. I just remember doing that a whole lot with Kennedy in the beginning, but not so much with Caroline.
- I have a pretty awesome stash of pumped milk in the deep freezer. I’m so glad I started doing that once a day so I wouldn’t be worried about it when I go back to work next month. I also started giving Caroline one bottle of pumped milk a day this week to try to get her used to it. She seems to have no problem transitioning back and forth. Fingers crossed she’ll be different than her sister and still continue to have no bottle trouble.
- Bedtime is consistently between 8:00 and 8:30. It’s becoming a little bit more unpredictable, but most nights she’ll wake only once to eat. Every so often it will be twice. The times she wakes up in the night have been a bit unpredictable, as well. For the longest time it was 4 a.m., but recently it’s been a little earlier like 2 or 3. Then she’ll wake up again around 7 and go back to sleep until it’s time for mama to get up in order to get Kennedy to school. Totally not complaining, because I really feel well rested and not like the typical sleep deprived newborn mom.
- Naps aren’t really on any sort of schedule, she just falls asleep when she does. I have been pretty successful at getting her to nap when Kennedy does in the afternoon, which is a huge win for me. I just need to get her on a better schedule aside from her one big afternoon nap and lots of random cat naps. I think it’s making her extremely overtired in the evenings and having a more predictable nap schedule will be good for her.
Life with Two:
I’m still, slowly getting the hang of this mom of two thing. There are times I have to literally lay the baby on the floor in order to tend to Kennedy. Bath and bedtime is particularly tricky if I’m on my own. Chances are Caroline will be ravenous and in hysterics when I’m trying to do Kennedy’s bedtime routine. It’s physically impossible to calm an infant while putting a toddler’s pajamas on. I feel like I fail at it quite a bit. Sometimes when they both cry, I just have to laugh. When has my house gotten so loud? But I wouldn’t have it any other way.
And this one, below? I think we’ll keep her. Even the cry face is cute.
And here is a comparison from last month to this month: