Sweet Caroline turned 7 months on Tuesday, and here I am blogging about it two days later! We just got back from an amazing vacation to Los Angeles, where we stayed in a beautiful beach house in Malibu and took an awesome excursion to Disneyland. Needless to say, blogging was on the back burner! However, Miss Caroline is getting bigger and bigger. I can’t believe how fast her first year is flying by.
- 16 pounds. At her last doctor’s appointment, she was in the 32nd percentile for height and weight. She’s a petite little thing!
- Wearing 6 month clothes and they fit comfortably.
- Still in size 3 diapers
- Her eczema isn’t flaring up as much lately, although I do still have to give her scalp a coconut oil rub down every now and then due to flakies.
- Still on breastmilk. She nurses when she’s with me, and takes a bottle of pumped milk when she’s not.
- Eating 2 “meals” of solids per day. Usually breakfast and dinner. She’s eating mostly oatmeal, some fruit, veggies. Some purees, some not.
- She loves to pick up food and eat it. We give her puffs and I have also given her black beans and peas and she eats them this way. So I guess we are kind of doing a modified Baby Led Weaning.
- 7:00 bedtime and going strong with that
- The poor girl currently is getting over croup. We had to take her to urgent care in Malibu. (Side note: Now that was a sight – the doctor could have been Joan Rivers’ younger cousin with the very youthful face, Chanel pearls, and Cartier love bracelet. I guess only in Malibu.) She’s been quite a trooper, traveling while sick, but it’s certainly been tough on her.
Milestones / New Things:
- Sitting up unassisted no problem.
- Scoots around everywhere, especially on her back and pushes off with her legs. She’s kind of like a crab.
- She’s almost up on all fours. Please, no mobile baby.
- We can now sit her in the grocery cart with Kennedy! No more need for strollers, baby wearing, or carseats in the grocery store. Much easier on us.
- Still has two bottom teeth and no sign of any more coming in at the moment.
- Rolling over and sleeping on her tummy. I, of course, put her on her back, but she seems to prefer her tummy lately.
- Big sister is probably her most favorite person ever.
- Sitting in her high chair and playing with her food.
- Pulling and grabbing at everything
- Jumping around in her exersaucer
- Applesauce. I don’t know why. She just always makes a face when eating it.
- Overtired is probably this girl’s worst enemy. She hates it!
Happy 7 Months, Sweet Caroline!