Everyday Drugstore Makeup for Beginners (Tutorial)

This post contains affiliate links. View my full disclosure policy for more information.

I have a different type of video for you guys today, although it’s something I feel pretty passionate about: cheap, everyday makeup! A lot of my friends and readers tell me they have no idea where to start when it comes to makeup. What to buy, how to apply it, and what they really need.

everydaydrugstoremakeup
I sat down and filmed this video to not only show you an everyday drugstore makeup for beginners tutorial, but I am using minimal brushes and tools in this look! Furthermore, I talk about how to start building your drugstore beauty wardrobe. I might also add that you should take a look at my post, The Best Cheap Makeup, to get even more awesome drugstore suggestions. This post has been pinned over 220,000 times and many have told me that they reference it while shopping for their drugstore makeup!

Anyway, back to the video. A couple of things:

1. How many times can I say “basic” in one video? #basic
  2. I’m sorry I didn’t look at the camera as much as usual – I was looking down at my products. Bad Meg.
  3. Gah, I know I need to stop touching my hair a million and a half times. I always do that when it’s straight.
  4. There’s a lot of Dexter tail photobombs in this vid. Hi, Dexter!
  5. This video is longer than my others because it’s in a “talk through” format – meaning, I don’t voiceover what I’m doing so I can give tips as I go.

I hope that you guys find this useful, even if I am not as “on point” as usual!

Products Used / Mentioned:

Cheap Makeup Brushes I love:

Hope y’all found this helpful!

Lauren Watson
    March 12, 2015 at 9:51 am

Thanks for the great tips as I’m clueless on makeup! I’ve just started to think about venturing into wearing face makeup and not just blush & eye makeup. Maybe I need to take you shopping with me & then you show me how to use it all & make me over! 🙂

Jennifer | The Deliberate Mom
    March 12, 2015 at 11:33 am

Awesome and super helpful.

I love your videos… I have mad respect for you – I have one flub up and I redo the whole thing but I love how natural you are. It feels like you’re here, talking me through the whole thing.

“It’s time for pink lips.” LOL thanks for letting me off the hook on that one… I am really scared of too pink lips.

I love the fact that you shared regular, everyday, drug store products here.

Pinning to my Deliberate BEAUTY board.

Thanks for sharing and for linking up to the #SHINEbloghop.

Wishing you a lovely day.
    xoxo

Lauren
    March 12, 2015 at 1:21 pm

I love drugstore makeup tutorials… thanks for sharing! Glad I found you on the shine blog hop!

Chas @ Haute Mommy Blog
    March 12, 2015 at 2:00 pm

I like it!

I used to be so scared of drugstore makeup because there was nobody there to help me, like at Sephora or a counter. I would always pull out my phone to see what your blog recommends when I had extra time in CVS!

Tawnya Faust
    March 12, 2015 at 3:40 pm

LOVED this video!!! I just love how natural you are in them 🙂 I’m seriously scared to hit publish on mine, I just feel like I’m so awkward lol!! I know once the first one is out of the way I’ll probably want to do more though!

I wrote a list of items I want from this video down, and loving the pink lip! One of my favourite makeup items for spring 😉

Tawnya Faust
      March 12, 2015 at 3:42 pm

Also that brow wiz is my favourite too! 😉

Justina
    March 12, 2015 at 11:53 pm

I need to pin this so I remember to pick some of these up. I am too much of a high end makeup girl, but I NEED to be shopping drugstore. Who am I kidding, I don’t need any more makeup! lol

Alycia//Crazily Normal
    March 16, 2015 at 10:20 am

I love this. I am so not a makeup guru! I use the most basic of the basic drugstore stuff, and most days, I don’t even wear any. I really should though. You make it look so easy!!

Jessica DImas
    March 16, 2015 at 2:01 pm

Looooved this!!! I can sit for hours and watch makeup videos, I always learn something new. I love how effortlessly you put this look together. Also, your eyes are gorgeous!!! I’m obsessed with big eyes and wish I had some. I’m always trying to get mine to look bigger. Love how you used all drugstore makeup for the most part, I agree with the brow thing. I use a brow powder from MAC on my brows. Gotta splurge for the brows!

Tiffany | A Touch of Grace
    March 18, 2015 at 1:03 pm

Yes! One brush for shadow! That’s honestly all I ever use. And I have seriously got to jump on the brow train because I have never used anything on my brows except a brush. 🙂
    I need to start watching all your videos for reals!

Mimi Zackery
    June 17, 2015 at 7:42 pm

This is just what I needed, went to MAC in Nordstrom’s this past weekend and spent $291 on an everyday look. It included brushes, foundation, primers, blush, liner, concealer, lipstick and gloss. I could have saved myself a bunch of money by trying drugstore makeup first as I’m still trying to re-create that look…lol.

I’ll be looking forward to your future tutorial video’s.

Thanks for the tips <3