The Best Cheap Makeup Brushes

This post contains affiliate links. View my full disclosure policy for more information.

As much as I love luxury makeup, I really love finding great affordable beauty products. Who doesn’t love finding something they love for a great price? NOBODY, that’s who. Makeup brushes are no exception to this, in my opinion. Having a great makeup brush makes all the difference in the application of your products. Trust me, there are a lot of mediocre makeup brushes out there. I have tested so many. I own brushes of all price points, from MAC and Sigma, to Real Techniques and Coastal Scents. I have over 80 makeup brushes. I know, it’s ridiculous. But I have an obsession with good cheap makeup brushes. Okay, let’s be real… I just have a makeup problem in general.

The point is, I have picked out my absolute favorite cheap makeup brushes. Cheap makeup Brushes that do not sacrifice quality. Brushes I reach for on a daily basis. Brushes I know you’ll love. I know it’s so overwhelming when you don’t own any beauty tools and you’re not sure where to start… and you don’t want to spend a lot of money. I would consider this list a complete makeup brush wardrobe! You can thank me later.

The Best Cheap Makeup Brushes by beauty blogger Meg O. on the Go

Coastal Scents Pro Blending Fluff: I would compare this brush to the likes of the MAC 217 or Sigma E25. It’s not quite as soft, but it’s absolutely a wonderful brush and one that I constantly reach for. If you get one eye brush, you need something like this in your collection.  Trust me!

E.L.F. Studio Contouring Brush: I adore this brush for any smoky eye look. Be warned, not all E.L.F. brushes are created equal. I have picked the very best ones for this list, and they are so good.

Coastal Scents Classic Blender Crease Natural: I really love using this brush for deepening out the outer-v in my eye makeup. It can help create more precision. I use this all the time. I own nothing else like it in my collection, therefore I think it’s definitely worth mentioning!

Real Techniques Setting Brush: I absolutely love this brush to set my undereye concealer with a powder, or for highlighting my cheekbones. Real Techniques is a great, affordable brand that you can find at Ulta or various places online. I will say, though, I believe their face brushes are far better than their eye brushes.

Real Techniques Expert Face Brush: This brush is a fantastic alternative to the ever popular Sigma F80 flat top kabuki. It’s a bit smaller, but it’s very dense. It’s wonderful for applying and blending out liquid foundation. It gives a lovely, airbrushed effect.

E.L.F. Studio Complexion Brush: I use this brush every single day. In fact, I own two of them so I know I will always have one on hand (spoken like a true addict). I love to use this for  bronzer to warm up the perimeters of my face. I also use it with setting powder. I just adore this dang brush.

E.L.F. Studio Kabuki Brush: I also adore this brush. This is great to use with powder foundations, or even to get a fuller coverage with any powder. It’s sooooo soft!

E.L.F. Studio Small Stipple Brush: I thoroughly enjoy this brush for my cream products, such as my cream blushes or highlighters. It makes blending out cream products a breeze.

Coastal Scents Bent Liner Brush: This is probably my favorite eyeliner brush. I don’t know why, but the bent tip makes it really easy to apply gel liners. And it’s under $2?! Can’t be beat.

Happy cheap makeup brush collecting! What are your favorite budget-friendly makeup brushes?

Whitney
    April 6, 2015 at 8:24 am

You know I’m a fan of the cheap makeup brushes! Love this list! What’s your go-to way to clean your brushes, btw?

stephanie
    April 6, 2015 at 10:21 am

I love the elf brushes!! I have been loving Sonia Kashuk concealer brush.

Megan
    April 6, 2015 at 3:12 pm

I LOVE this list!! That Kabuki brush is seriously my FAVE!!!! Pinned for future!! 🙂

Tiffany (A Touch of Grace)
    April 6, 2015 at 9:22 pm

Ok. I seriously need to step up my makeup, and now my brush, game. I have maybe 4 or 5 makeup brushes that I use. This is a great list that I’ll be referring to on my next Target trip.

Sara
    April 7, 2015 at 8:32 am

I just can’t ever bring myself to buy expensive brushes… I don’t know enough about brushes to not think, “now why is this worth so much more than the one over there that is so much cheaper?” I bought some eco brushes at Walgreens last year when I forgot all my make up on our anniversary trip, and I actually LOVE them.

Elly
    April 7, 2015 at 9:02 am

Love cheap brushes! I bought a collection of dupe MAC brushes for like $30 and they are actually really good!

Jessica DImas
    April 8, 2015 at 9:49 pm

This was all way over my head because I don’t really know much about brushes, but I appreciate this post for that very same reason!I’m just kind of clueless when it comes to brushes and how I should use them. Pinning this for the next time I’m at the store!!

Alycia
    April 8, 2015 at 10:36 pm

I’ve said it before, I’m not much if a makeup girl, but, i do have that ELF kabuki brush and love it. 🙂 thanks for this list!!!

Kristy
    April 10, 2015 at 10:36 am

Love this!!! I’m not a makeup pro by any means, which is why I always LOVE your advice! Thanks for this list. I know makeup brushes can be super expensive, so anything below 10 dollars is a steal! Super excited to try these out! 🙂

Lauren at Happy Haven Blog
    April 10, 2015 at 9:06 pm

Oh my goodness did I need this list BAD. I’m getting, like all of it. Thanks for sharing this, makeup brushes can be so OOC.

amirah
    June 15, 2015 at 11:19 pm

I love those brushes.. somehow in malaysia, they were quite expensive.. i hope i could get those brushes..xoxo

The Best Cheap Makeup Brushes - Urban Angels
    October 6, 2015 at 5:03 am

[…] Read More Source: – homerandharpo […]

Splurge vs Steal by Meg O. on the Go | Looking Joli Good
    October 21, 2015 at 12:03 am

[…] Best Best Cheap Makeup Rockstar Drugstore Makeup Under $5 The Best Cheap Makeup Brushes  A List of all her Drugstore/Dupes […]

2015 Reflections, 2016 Goals - Meg O. on the Go