#WalgreensBeauty New Year, New Look – Makeup Tutorial

Disclosure: I am a member of the Collective Bias®  Social Fabric® Community.  This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser.

It’s a new year, and with that comes new beauty product launches! Swoon. All the pretty displays and new colors! There are so many new awesome products that have launched at Walgreens. For this post, I was inspired by just-released beauty products at Walgreens to create a makeup tutorial featuring them! We all know I’m beauty crazy, but I have a special place in my heart for drugstore makeup. Anything that performs just as good as high end for half the price is a winner in my book.

I love Walgreens, and I continually view it as a source for great beauty buys. It’s my go-to drugstore beauty mecca! I usually find lots of inspiration for beauty tips while I’m there. I was so excited to find new products, and let me tell you, I love them and this look I created! Who’s ready for a makeup tutorial? Read on first.

#WalgreensBeauty Makeup Tutorial #shop #cbias

One reason why I love visiting Walgreens for my drugstore beauty needs is because I always find a lot of coupons and savings while I’m there. The second I walk in the door, I always pick up their monthly coupon book and flip straight to the beauty section. Every single time. No shame.

#WalgreensBeauty New Year New Look #shop #cbias

I was immediately drawn to these new Rimmel and Revlon displays and decided I had to form my look around them! It also didn’t hurt there was a coupon right there waiting for me, either. Win!

#WalgreensBeauty New Year New Look #shop #cbias

Here’s what I ended up choosing:

#WalgreensBeauty New Year New Look #shop #cbias

1. Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation
2. Revlon ColorStay ShadowLinks in Oyster, Melon, and Taupe
3. Maybelline Dream Wonder Powder
4. Jordana FabuLiner Liquid Eyeliner Pen
5. Revlon ColorBurst Lacquer Balm in Ingenue

Out of all the products I picked up, I’ve got to say that the Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation blew me away! It’s so lightweight but completely full coverage. It reminds me of a “light” version of Revlon Colorstay Whipped, but dare I say I think I like it better! It’s so easy to work with and blend out. I am pretty sure it’s going to be one of my top foundations of this year. Best of all? I got it for under $5 (with the coupon I used)! Ladies, if you haven’t had much luck with drugstore foundation, I highly recommend you pick this up to enhance your look in 2014. My second favorite was the Revlon lacquer balm. It’s minty and looks gorgeous on. While it’s a nude color, I honestly feel like it has a “coppery” or orange feel to it which makes it so unique.

But back to the tutorial. Want to see how I created my look? Watch below!

Hope you all enjoyed! Now go get you some brand new beauty products from Walgreens!

Amber
    January 20, 2014 at 7:54 am

HAHA, ‘I’m just gonna look around sexily now’ you’re hilarious and I love you.

I really love this look! I’m definitely going to have to try and find that lacquer lip balm. The color is gorgeous.

LOVE that melon shadow, but not sure I could pull it off. Obviously it looks great on you though. xo

January 20, 2014 at 4:57 pm

Thank you! I’m glad I provide entertainment… haha!!! I love you too! The melon shadow is way more wearable than you think – give it a go!

KIM
    January 20, 2014 at 8:42 am

great job you did here – makeup looks nice and at a great price!

January 20, 2014 at 4:57 pm

Thank you so much! I appreciate that 🙂

Chelsea
    January 20, 2014 at 8:48 am

You are absolutely gorgeous! I love seeing what fellow bloggers do for their make-up routine– I’m going to have to check out Walgreens when I’m looking for make-up next! I never think to stop there for some reason!

January 20, 2014 at 5:02 pm

Thank you so much!! Yes, definitely check out Walgreens for your drugstore needs. I swear they always have the best selection of what I’m looking for!

Whitney
    January 20, 2014 at 9:26 am

Seriously, you are freaking hilarious Meg! Your videos are so fun to watch. I absolutely love this look on you! That lip color is perfect.

January 20, 2014 at 5:01 pm

Hahaha I’m glad you find me entertaining! I try my best! Sometimes I really think my personality comes out best doing videos more than my writing. So I love doing them! And I’m glad you love the look – I had a lot of fun putting it together! 🙂

Mandy@ a sorta fairytale
    January 20, 2014 at 10:39 am

Seriously, I can’t watch your videos without cracking up. I love your sexy looks at the end! lol

January 20, 2014 at 5:00 pm

Hahaha I totally had a little too much fun there, huh? I’m glad you enjoy my videos! 🙂

Because Shanna Said So
    January 20, 2014 at 10:53 am

You are too much…and this is why I adore you! I wish I were brave enough to do videos and tutorials! And I swear Rimmel products are awesome…I have tried a few, but not this stay matte one…gonna have to check it out because my skin is dang oily!

January 20, 2014 at 5:00 pm

Hahah thank you! And I adore you too!! You should definitely do a video – they are so much fun!! You definitely need to try the Rimmel Stay Matte powder (it’s a game changer!!) and I am really loving their new foundation. It’s kept me pretty matte for at least 7 hours!

Patranila
    January 20, 2014 at 2:30 pm

I had no idea Walgreens had a monthly coupon book! I’ll be checking it out ASAP.

January 20, 2014 at 4:58 pm

Yes they do!! And it’s for the whole store, not just beauty! It’s right by the front door when you walk in. I pick it up every single time I’m there!

Kelly @ Texas Type A Mom
    January 20, 2014 at 10:27 pm

What a fun video – I adore your look! I have NEVER used a brush to apply foundation before, but it looks like it applies flawlessly! That Revlon ColorBurst Lacquer Balm is going on my shopping lip for this week – in love here! #client

Tiki
    January 21, 2014 at 1:22 am

I don’t know why people disregard drugstore brands. I personally love Rimmel products. I have their BB Cream and it’s my boo. LOL I have been meaning to try the color balms but haven’t gotten around to it yet

Myra
    January 21, 2014 at 4:13 am

I need you to come to the Philippines RIGHT MEOW and do my makeup all the time. Thanks, love you, bye.

Apryl @realtexashousewife.com
    January 21, 2014 at 3:38 pm

Very pretty! I love drugstore makeup finds! Looks like to found some winners! #SITSblogging #SITSGirlsTribeChallenge

The Best Matte Makeup
    July 10, 2014 at 3:26 pm

[…] Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation – This is a great foundation, as well. Certainly not as great as the Revlon Colorstay, but if you are new to the whole matte foundation thing, you should give it a whirl, because it is incredibly cheap! The finish is lovely, and a little lighter than the Revlon Colorstay Whipped formulation. You can see me using this foundation in this tutorial here. […]