Pregnancy Safe Skin Care Routine

If you have been following my blog for a little while, you know that I love skin care. I don’t blog a lot about it because it’s always changing. One thing I’m consistent with is my love for natural products and simple ingredients. Since I’ve been pregnant, I’ve found a great routine. It’s important for me to have a pregnancy safe skin care routine. So, with some research and advice from my dermatologist, I’ve nailed a a routine down that keeps me free of breakouts, keeps my skin hydrated, and does an excellent job of exfoliating. So, today, I bring you a video in which I go through my routine with you and explain why I love the products that I have been using. I hope some of my mama-to-be friends can find this information useful. Pregnancy safe skin care is important! Even if you aren’t pregnant, I have some pretty darn good recommendations that address anti-aging, hyperpigmentation, hydration, and breakouts. Win, win!

Pregnancy Safe Skin Care Picks. All-natural and simple ingredients. Addresses anti-aging, breakouts, hydration, and hyperpigmentation.

Products Mentioned:

1. Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Facial Cleanser
  2. Michael Todd True Organics Blue Green Algae Antibacterial Toner
  3. Make Up Artist’s Choice Mandelic Acid Serum
  4. Life-Flo Pure Rosehip Seed Oil
  5. Watts Beauty 100% Hyaluronic Acid Solution
  6. OZ Organics Vitamin C Serum

Pregnant ladies / mamas, what have you loved to use in your pregnancy safe skin care routine?

Neely
    June 12, 2014 at 8:42 am

IM a big fan of neutrogena naturals!

Julie S.
    June 12, 2014 at 8:57 am

I never even realized my regular skin care products might not be safe during pregnancy. My doctor gave me a list of medications that weren’t safe to take, and foods not safe to eat, but nothing about beauty products. Hmm..

Julie
    June 12, 2014 at 8:58 am

Love using natural things for my skin care routine!

Anne
    June 12, 2014 at 9:26 am

Thanks, friend! I’ll have to check out the mandelic acid serum.

Patti
    June 12, 2014 at 9:38 am

Stumbled!

Jessica @ PrettyPhysicist
    June 12, 2014 at 9:55 am

I’m super excited to watch this video (currently waiting for it to load). I am TTC after a miscarriage 6 weeks ago, and ever since I have been off of my birth control, my face is CRAZY oily and breaking out. I’ve been using the Cetaphil Dermacontrol oil-controlling moisturizer, but my face still looks like I covered it in oil. and I keep breaking out, but I obviously cannot use my prescription benzoyl peroxide. do you have any recommendations? It’s torturing me …

Taylor @ Pink Heels Pink Truck
    June 12, 2014 at 2:02 pm

Ohhh good to know! Sharing this with all my mommy-to-be friends!!

Niki
    June 17, 2014 at 3:10 pm

I am all about the safe skincare now that I’m preggo! Thank you for sharing!!

June 19, 2014 at 4:35 pm

Glad I could help! Hope your skin is cooperating with you! Gosh, when I was pregnant with Kennedy it was HORRIBLE so this is a welcomed change this time around!!

Lisa C
    June 19, 2014 at 9:50 am

Thanks for this post! I am 16 wks pregnant with my first and my skin has taken a beating. I was wondering if you have any recommendations for body break outs, I have never dealt with this before but can’t seem to get my shoulders to clear up and it has been so frustrating, especially now that it’s Summer.

June 19, 2014 at 4:29 pm

Oh my skin definitely broke out SO MUCH with my first daughter, it was unbearable. I recommend using something with a sulfur base to it. I love this stuff called Acnomel and it’s usually available with the pharmacist at the drugstore behind the counter. I don’t think you need a prescription for it. Your OBGYN / nurse may have some good suggestions, too!

Basq Skincare During Pregnancy + Giveaway - Meg O. on the Go
    July 9, 2014 at 8:00 am

[…] of you may have seen my Pregnancy Safe Skincare post and video and a lot of you all had given me great feedback. Many told me that they really […]

Paraben-Free Beauty Products for Acne-Prone Skin
    August 21, 2014 at 6:02 am

[…] shares the pregnancy-safe beauty products in her […]

Ellie Magnuson
    November 29, 2014 at 4:47 pm

Another great option is Amalou Skin!

When my business partner and I were pregnant, we had problems with breakouts and discoloration. Our doctors couldn’t suggest anything that they could assure us would be safe to use…so we worked with a team of experts to create our own line of maternity-conscious face care products.

The Amalou Skin includes an exfoliating cleanser, moisturizer, toner and night treatment – all specifically formulated to help address pregnancy related skin issues. There are no “no-no” ingredients and we even left out any added fragrances that could irritate pregnant sensitivities.

I encourage any mom experiencing breakouts and other skin issues to go to http://www.amalouskin.com to read reviews by other moms who’ve used Amalou Skin. Amalou has helped SO many women in the 3 year since we developed the line and we feel so fulfilled to be able to help expecting moms glow without worry!

Melissa
      June 25, 2015 at 8:56 am

Amalou Skin is way to pricey!

Pregnancy Safe Skincare - My Life Well Loved
    June 16, 2015 at 11:20 pm

[…] there you have it! If you want to do a little more reading and research, I wrote a post on my blog about my pregnancy safe skincare routine with an accompanying video. Hope you all found this […]

Keri
    October 6, 2015 at 8:33 pm

thank you So much for posting this! I have since ordered the blue green algae toner and have seen huge improvements in my acne In only 5 days! I feel so much better about myself as a pregnant lady!! Thanks again!

Cleanser Blog
    November 13, 2016 at 6:56 am

Meg 21 Moisturizing Toner

[…] in my acne In only 5 days! I feel so much better about myself as a pregnant lady […]