I have a different type of video for you guys today, although it’s something I feel pretty passionate about: cheap, everyday makeup! A lot of my friends and readers tell me they have no idea where to start when it comes to makeup. What to buy, how to apply it, and what they really need.
Anyway, back to the video. A couple of things:
- How many times can I say “basic” in one video? #basic
- I’m sorry I didn’t look at the camera as much as usual – I was looking down at my products. Bad Meg.
- Gah, I know I need to stop touching my hair a million and a half times. I always do that when it’s straight.
- There’s a lot of Dexter tail photobombs in this vid. Hi, Dexter!
- This video is longer than my others because it’s in a “talk through” format – meaning, I don’t voiceover what I’m doing so I can give tips as I go.
I hope that you guys find this useful, even if I am not as “on point” as usual!
Products Used / Mentioned:
- Maybelline Baby Skin Primer
- L’Oreal True Match Foundation
- Real Techniques Buffing Brush
- Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser Treatment (Neutralizer)
- L.A. Girl Pro Concealer
- Rimmel Stay Matte Powder
- Wet ‘n Wild Eyeshadow Trio in “Walking on Eggshells”
- Anastasia Brow Wiz (the one splurge item!)
- Milani Clear Brow Gel
- Physician’s Formula Bronze Booster
- Nars Ita Brush Knockoff (can’t find it online right now! darn!)
- E.L.F. Complexion Brush
- Wet ‘n Wild Blush in “Mellow Wine”
- Wet ‘n Wild Blush in “Brush with Destiny” (can’t find online)
- Jordana 12 Hour Made to Last Liquid Pencil Eyeiner
- Jordana Best Lash Extreme Mascara
- Milani Color Statement Lipstick in “Pink Love”
- NYX Butter Gloss
Cheap Makeup Brushes I love:
- E.L.F. Studio Brushes (Favorites are the Complexion Brush, Kabuki Brush, and the Small Stipple Brush)
- Coastal Scents (the Pro Blending Fluff is one of those fluffy eyeshadow brushes that is universal and can basically be used for any eyeshadow look. I have this type of brush in 3 different brands and I use it every single day)
- Crown Brushes (I love the Infinity Flat Bronzer, it’s identical to the Sigma F80 for half the price)
- Real Techniques (My favorites are the Buffing Brush and Contour Brush, both linked in that set)
Hope y’all found this helpful!