I’m going to a whole lot of bragging in this post. But I’ve got to say, I’m married to one heck of a man. Greg came from a family of all boys. He is the oldest of three of them. Life is much different for him now that he has two beautiful little girls. I have a brother and a sister, so I suppose my family was decently balanced, but I can definitely see how different family dynamics are between “girl” families and “boy” families.
I remember those first days with Kennedy… how he was so gentle with her and unsure of what to do. Now he barely bats an eye to all the things that come along with being the only dude in the house, aside from the cat. It got me thinking. Girl dads really are awesome. Boy dads are, too. Heck, all dads are awesome. But, it’s harder for grown men to relate to little girls. Right? Somehow, it’s not. Somehow, you find yourself smiling at all the amazing things that happen in your house.
You Know You’re Married to a Girl Dad When…
- He is perfect at playing the role of Ursula (His rendition of “Poor Unfortunate Souls” is quite stellar, if I do say so myself)
- Despite his failed attempts, he tries to pick out clothes that match and look cute
- He lets you make executive wardrobe decisions when necessary
- He can put hair in a pony tail (this is a recently learned skill – so proud of him!)
- He knows most of the Disney Princesses names
- He’s totally okay with having a tea party picnic
- The three-year-old is his Star Wars watching buddy because nobody else in the house watches it
- His mother is ecstatic for granddaughters
- He’s perfectly fine with being the least talkative one of the family
- He doesn’t blink an eye at those dreaded girl diapers
- He’s a pro at sneaking treats behind mom’s back
- Your toddler immediately goes to him after you say no
- He applauds when your three-year-old says “no boys in my bed”
- He is completely wrapped around two little girls’ fingers
- Your heart melts when you see him with your girls
Greg, thank you for always being such an awesome dad. Not only are you a beast at being a girl dad, you are an amazing partner in parenting. Our children have an incredible example to look up to. Rock on, my Little Mermaid singing, pony tail making man.