Beauty Drugstore

The Ultimate Drugstore Makeup Dupes

This post contains affiliate links. View my full disclosure policy for more information.

If you’ve been around for a while, you know that I love a good makeup dupe. You may have perhaps read my most popular post, The Best Cheap Makeup, where I profess my love for my favorite drugstore makeup. I have also written two other drugstore makeup dupes posts – Splurge/Steal Beauty and Splurge/Steal – More Awesome Dupes! Since writing those dupe posts, I have found even more drugstore makeup dupes, but of course I am running out of titles for my blog posts. So today is going to be as basic as ever – “drugstore makeup dupes.” It does the job, right? I guess I am going to have to think more creatively next time!

Anyway, back to these dupes. I’m so excited about them… they are really good ones! I am very critical when it comes to a dupe and it absolutely needs to perform almost identical or be something you can use in lieu of.

The Ultimate Drugstore Makeup Dupes by Meg O. On The Go

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil vs. Rimmel ScandalEyes Waterproof Kohl Eyeliner – Honestly, I have no idea why anyone would pay $20 for an eyeliner pencil when they can get the same exact result from something that is $5. The Rimmel eyeliner goes on super black, creamy, and sets to stay put. It stays on my waterline for quite a long time.

The Ultimate Drugstore Makeup Dupes by Meg O. On The Go

Benefit Hoola Bronzer vs. NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Powder in Sunny – Having a nice, matte, non-orange bronzer is a little hard to find at the drugstore. Hoola is great for bronzing and light contouring, and this NYC bronzer is so darn similar! The only thing, this specific bronzer is a little hard to find. You have to keep your eye out for it, it’s so popular! This is a great swatch comparison of the two.

The Ultimate Drugstore Makeup Dupes by Meg O. On The Go

MAC Satin Taupe Eyeshadow vs. Wet ‘n Wild Single Eyeshadow in ‘Nutty – Satin Taupe from MAC is one of those universally flattering eyeshadow shades. It looks fantastic on the lid or in the crease, and is easy to wear. It is one of my top favorite eyeshadows ever. But, friends, this single eyeshadow from Wet n’ Wild is literally the same. The only complaint I have with it is the packaging – I feel like the eyeshadow breaks really easily because of it. But it’s 99 cents so I will forgive them for that. Here is a swatch comparison.

The Ultimate Drugstore Makeup Dupes by Meg O. On The Go

Beauty Blender vs. Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge – Okay, I will say that this is not an exact dupe by any means. But I am mentioning this because I have been asked for a cheaper alternative to the beauty blender. I have tried tons of low end blending sponges, and this one is, by far, my favorite. I find that it feels a little bit more squishy than the beauty blender and kind of like memory foam. It’s really hard to explain. It also isn’t quite as durable as the beauty blender. But I’m definitely willing to forgive that for $6! I am rotating through the both of them when applying makeup – makes it much easier when it comes to always having a clean blending sponge.

The Ultimate Drugstore Makeup Dupes by Meg O. On The Go

Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz vs. NYX Micro Brow Pencil – I wrote this post comparing these two products in depth. Basically, the NYX pencil is the closest I’ve found for half the price. I still love the Brow Wiz and continue to purchase it, but I throw the Micro Brow into the rotation for sure!

The Ultimate Drugstore Makeup Dupes by Meg O. On The Go

Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer vs. Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Primer – This is another one of those where I have no idea why you would spend $36 on a primer. I had a deluxe sample of the Smashbox and used it up in comparison with the Maybelline Baby Skin. I honestly can’t tell the difference between the two. I also think the Monitstat Chafing Relief Powder Gel is very similar (yes, as awkward as that sounds). Check out this video I did a few years back when I talked about it. It’s the same price as the Maybelline, but more awkward to take to the register.

You better believe I am making notes when I find a killer dupe and saving them all for another post. What are your favorite drugstore makeup dupes? Let me know, because, duh, I have to know!!!

The Ultimate Drugstore Makeup Dupes by Meg O. On The Go

Colleen
    September 22, 2015 at 8:50 am

Woop woop! I love these posts and this one came just in time for me because I’m heading to Target tomorrow for a few make up replacements. Thanks! Pining!

September 22, 2015 at 11:17 pm

Yay! I am always glad to help a sister out!!! Hope you love my picks!

Whitney
    September 22, 2015 at 10:37 am

Totally going to Ulta to get some of these today!

September 22, 2015 at 11:17 pm

Woop woop! Let me know how you like them!!

Jennifer | The Deliberate Mom
    September 22, 2015 at 4:18 pm

Oh man… this is awesome! I don’t like spending a fortune on makeup and this came at the perfect time because I’m planning on dumping all my makeup in October and buying fresh stuff. (I’m bad for using my products WELL beyond their expiry dates – so I buy new annually – that way I KNOW I’ve replaced items).

The Wet ‘n Wild eyeshadow was most surprising – mostly because I’ve always thought of Wet N’ Wild as a crummy brand that preteens buy because they have no income. I guess I was wrong.

The bronzer sounds fabulous – I’ll definitely have to get that one.

Thanks for sharing.
    xoxo

September 22, 2015 at 11:17 pm

Don’t feel bad! I hold onto products for a loooooong time, and much longer than I should. I get sentimental over them! LOL. And girl, Wet ‘n Wild totally rebranded and reformulated their products the last couple of years and their stuff is AWESOME! I know, I totally gave it the side eye, but they are a great drugstore brand now!!

thequirklife
    September 23, 2015 at 8:34 am

I’m hosting a beauty event at my church this Friday and wish I’d seen this post before I went shopping yesterday!

Tabitha Blue / Fresh Mommy Blog
    September 23, 2015 at 8:44 am

Such a great list… pinning! I think I really want to try that primer!! I’ve had a few, loved some, didn’t like some and usually just didn’t have the time (or didn’t take the time) to use it. Do you notice a big difference when using primer??

tiffanyatouchofgrace
    September 23, 2015 at 12:21 pm

I LOVE the Monistat Chaffing Gel! Love it. I have the Baby Skin too but actually like the chaffing gel a little better. And yes, why the heck would anyone spend that much $$ on a primer?!
    Great dupes girl!

tawnyafaust
    September 23, 2015 at 10:38 pm

ok so many great finds and I have another shopping list!! I’m almost our of my Hoola bronzer so I’m going to check out that other stuff, if you’ve ACTUALLY found an Anastasia brow wiz dupe I will be seriously impressed, I can not for the life of me find anything as good. I picked up the sephora brand and it’s pretty darn close but it’s still just not the same. Great post, Meg! XO

Alison @ Peacoat Diaries
    October 9, 2015 at 11:29 pm

Love this — I’m going to look for the bronzer and eyeshadow this weekend.

And I love that Monistat Chaffing Gel too, though I use it for, well, chaffing (one of the unpleasant side effects of being a back-of-the-pack distance runner). I have a hard time finding it in stores so I just order mine from Amazon, which also eliminates the cashier side-eye situation.

October 16, 2015 at 10:12 pm

Ahhhhh why haven’t I thought of ordering that stuff on Amazon?? lol! Try using it as a primer and you’ll love it!

How to SEO Optimize Your Pins for Pinterest
    March 4, 2016 at 10:49 pm

[…] has been pinned over 400,000 times. I wrote that post just under a year ago. In one month, my Drugstore Makeup Dupes has been pinned over 3,000 times. My Ultimate Makeup Capsule has been pinned 20,000 times since […]

Fabulous BLOGS To Follow – Unboxing My Thoughts
    June 12, 2016 at 2:41 am

[…] I love love love it ♥ The pages are clean and very easy to navigate. Meg writes a lot about dupes and affordable makeup reviews. Let’s be honest, we ALL like cheap products, […]

things i love thursday # 30 | Ship with No Sails
    June 30, 2016 at 9:00 am

[…] these drugstore dupe ideas […]